Forum:

Thread: Bumps on the roof of my mouth

Junior Member Array

Default Bumps on the roof of my mouth

sometimes after i ate certain foods, i get instantly get little fluid filled bumps on the roof of my mouth toward the back that are really irritating! is this an allergy does it happen to you?

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think you will find they are Ulcers.

There are various forms of Ulcers but usually, "acid" style foods create them, such as too much acid in tomotoes...

I assume they go away within a few days.

I get those if the food i am eating is to acidic.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

yeah they usally go away in less than an hour! really weird i thought, i guess ill have to remember what im eating the next time it happens.. thanks for the input

Junior Member Array

You seem to have been able to correlate the appearance of these bumps with a particular food, so this may not apply to your case, but I went to my dentist recently for a cleaning/checkup, and mentioned tiny bumps that keep appearing on the roof of my mouth. She looked around, and said she couldn't see anything, but added that most commonly, these are in fact swollen (possibly infected) salivary glands. Left to themselves, the do usually go away in a relatively short time, but they drive me nuts in the meantime. I tend to reach up and pop them by dragging a fingernail across them. Generally that's the end of them.

I have had these most of my life, but it does seem as if there are many more of them in the last year or so. My suspicion is that they are connected with a low-level immune compromise that I'm experiencing because of intestinal yeast (candida) overgrowth. I'm trying to get that under control now. We'll see whether that appears to have any effect on these bumps.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Old thread.

Closed.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.