Forum:

Thread: Best Shampoo & Conditioner for thinning hair

Junior Member Array

Exclamation Best Shampoo & Conditioner for thinning hair

What is the BEST shapoo & Conditioner for thinning hair? I'm at a loss and need some help before I lose a lot more. I should tell you that I'm probably much older than most of you here... 74 and perhaps that is part of my problem. However, I come from longevity in the family and no hair loss. Any suggestions will be very helpful

Banned from WH Array

I don't know much about shampoos and whatnot, but don't use organic stuff. T_T That just takes your hair out completely.

Maybe you should ask your doctor what to do for your hair. ^_^

Senior Member Array JubesInquest's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by nadine13 View Post
    What is the BEST shapoo & Conditioner for thinning hair? I'm at a loss and need some help before I lose a lot more. I should tell you that I'm probably much older than most of you here... 74 and perhaps that is part of my problem. However, I come from longevity in the family and no hair loss. Any suggestions will be very helpful

Hello Nadine!

I don't know if you're aware of this, but they DO make Rogaine for women suffering hair loss.
    There are also all kinds of weaves and tracks you can put in the hair; but if you're looking for a shampoo and conditioner/treatment, that could be a way for you to go. See a dermatologist for conditions of the hair and scalp. That would be even better.

Check with a doctor to make sure it's ok for you to use that Rogaine, though--if that's what you decide to use.
    Quitters never win; Winners don't give in

Junior Member Array

Default ME2

i have this problem too. I am 38. Suffered a depression during the summer. think it began to happen a few months before. So nervous bout this it is very scary. I did see my dermotologist so i do agree you should see one. I am also taking a bunch of vitamins. Biotin is for hair growth. It has given me results in the front but i am not seeing anything happening in the back so worried. anyone have similar situations.

VIP Member Array

Post me too

Can you tell me more about Biotin ? My hair is thin on the top and frizzy at the side.

yorkielass

Junior Member Array

Default b4 you dicide!!!

hi nadine13
    I don't say that i am the expert here, ok? but
    before you decide what treatment you should use or conditioner, you should analyze the problem and the cause of your hair fall.
    it may be just the water in your area that contains high TDS, or simply that you are using the shampoo too often (should not b used more than once/3days) depending on your hair type.
    each hair type requires different care process.
    you should tell us first what type is your hair
    Second how long is it.
    the type of water you are using.
    do you tigh your hair before properly drying it? if not it will form fungus which will cause in her fall.
    do you use soap on your hair? that is bad too(soap is for body only)
    a lot more to discuss ... so tell us more about your hair 1st then well try to do better I hope.
    solving an unknown problem is nearly impossible dear.
    you start describing your problem specifically and tell us what you do to your hair to maintain it to give us a good vision on your case.
    bye for now.
    Last edited by Little; 04-11-2008 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Major grammar/spelling overhaul

Junior Member Array

use alovera shampoo

WH Super Moderator Array patricias213's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Pantene is good but some hairdressers says that it is too strong for the hair. I also use Dove , i heard its good to switch shampoos. A vitamin may be of help too.
    ~♥Þátrìçìá♥~

simply use alovera shampoo or MG method . I am still using matt.gardsons method. ..it is very,very

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

spam magnet, thread closed.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!