Forum:

Thread: iud is cutting partners penis

VIP Member Array

Default iud is cutting partners penis

I myself am married with a child, but my husband and i don't use birth control. We want to have more. But my best friend, who has a child to, has an IUD. She is allergic to most kinds of birth controls and says the IUD was what they recommended at the doctor. Now I've heard that no matter what your parter should not be able to feel it. But somehow every time they have sex, her IUD strings are cutting the tip of his penis. I am looking all over the internet to see how this is possible. I am hoping to find some advice on how to fix this. I suggested getting the strings cut shorter, but the doctors have told her that the strings are like horse hair and shouldn't cut him. But obviously they are. Is there something wrong with the position of the IUD. Can the strings be cut shorter?? I am not very expeirenced with these types of things and I don't know what to tell her. If someone has ever expeirenced these type of situations please write back.

December 2007 "Poster of the Month" Array

Arrow

I have a paraguard and my strings were cut very short. My husband has never felt or been cut by my strings. If your friend's IUD is newly inserted and her threads were left long, it could be that the threads are still stiff and need time to soften and wrap around her cervix. I would say in this case that she could have them cut shorter, but she should be aware that if the doctor cuts them too short, she may have difficulty trying to check them each month. Sometimes, my threads get 'sucked up' into my cervix and I can't find them, that's why I say to be careful about having them cut.

On the other hand, it could be that her threads were already been cut short. If that's the case and her husband's discomfort is unbearable, she would probably have to get a new IUD with longer strings, as you cannot increase the length of the threads once they have been cut.

Ali

Junior Member Array

Smile dear jen0519

Quote Originally Posted by jen0519 View Post
    I myself am married with a child, but my husband and i don't use birth control. We want to have more. But my best friend, who has a child to, has an IUD. She is allergic to most kinds of birth controls and says the IUD was what they recommended at the doctor. Now I've heard that no matter what your parter should not be able to feel it. But somehow every time they have sex, her IUD strings are cutting the tip of his penis. I am looking all over the internet to see how this is possible. I am hoping to find some advice on how to fix this. I suggested getting the strings cut shorter, but the doctors have told her that the strings are like horse hair and shouldn't cut him. But obviously they are. Is there something wrong with the position of the IUD. Can the strings be cut shorter?? I am not very expeirenced with these types of things and I don't know what to tell her. If someone has ever expeirenced these type of situations please write back.
    my wife has a iud and i didnt know why sex was so painful until tonite it doesnt always happen but sometimes i feel those copper strings and my penis is really hurting bad right now i will go to a doctor and have them cut those strings shorter thanks for the info i did a search about iuds injuring the male partner and came across this blog.