Forum:

Thread: How do you know if you've got Breast Cancer? and white stuff coming out of breasts

Junior Member Array

Default How do you know if you've got Breast Cancer? and white stuff coming out of breasts

I know that everyone says to check for lumps. But no one ever says what kind of lumps? Small or big? Should I be checking for lumps that feel like theyre deep underneath the surface? Or right on the surface?

My boobs feel lumpy all over when I feel them, for example if I press hard on them or squish them they just feel lumpy inside.... deep beneath the surface... but thats normal right...?

Also this is a little embarrassing but I have, well I dont know if I would go as far to say its an addiction, but I cant stop myself from squeezing spots/lumps on my skin and that means everywhere, including on my nipples. Little bits of white stuff comes out of the spots on my breast buds, just as if they were normal spots elsewhere. and it also comes out of the main nipple/teat.... and usually i squeeze it out and then in a few days it has built up again in exactly the same places. Its not green or seeping or anything... just little bits of white. does anyone else have this or am I abnormal?

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The fat in your breasts is normal, they will feel lumpy and sort of hard. What you need to watch for is new lumps that were not there before type thing. If you keep up self exams and monitor how your body is then you should have a good indication when something is not right.

Those things you are squishing...are pimples. Some big, some small, there is a complete variety. The white stuff is the infection, the pus. No worries though, they happen to everyone. Just keep your skin clean and free of extra oil build up and they should clear, try those oxy pads that are for the face. They will clear up your pores and help keep the tiny infections away.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Junior Member Array

The little "spots" on your nipple are totally normal, and aren't spots at all in fact... they are to do with the milk glands in your breasts. Discharge from the nipple is completely normal, providing it is not bloody, yellow, green, or smelly.

Dont' worry... you are not strange or abnormal!

The lumps... you need to be aqquainted with your breasts and be aware of what isn't normal. If you do feel something, don't panic, but do go and get it checked out. I personally had fibradomnemas (sp) which are quite common, non cancerous lumps which occur in the breast.

Just be "Breast Aware" and you'll be fine!

Lazee

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They aren't pimples, they are part of the structure that produces milk. If you play with your nipples a lot or your bf does and sucks on them you may get a small amount of milk production. I had this for years before I had children. The doctor did smears a couple times just to check, it was milk. Some women lactate more easily than others.

Your GYNs office or local Planned Parenthood shoud have some models of breasts used to teacn women how to do self exams. You can palpate them and get a better sense of what normal variences in breast tissue feel like.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array eleni's Avatar

does it smell slightly funny the white stuff coming out?
    not horrible, just a slight smell?

if it does its like everyone else said - something to do with the milk producing stuff
    basically there are little holes on and around the nipple
    i noticed this with my lip piercing - because theres basically a tube with nothing in it your body produces this white stuff which isnt pus or anything like that (it has some complicated name that i cant be bothered to look up) and thats all it is
    you can squeeze it out or not

but its nothing to worry about.

about checking for lumps - i've been told to check your breasts at the end of your period since the breast tissue changes throughout the month you can get odd lumpy bits.
    get to know whats normal for you.
    if you get any pain, dimpling of the skin, suddenly inverting nipple, hard or soft defined lumps that weren't there before then get thee to a doctor!

you can get cyst type things in your breasts so often thats all it'll turn out to be
    but its better to be safe than sorry

x
    'so why care for these petty obsessions? your designer heart still beats with common blood. and what if you could have genetic perfection? would you change who you are if you could?'