Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gnawing pain by hip bone, lower right abdomen

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array CrystalChord's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Gnawing pain by hip bone, lower right abdomen

So, I have this gnawing pain by my right hip bone, and it's a little painful, and slightly tender to the touch. But it also feels like I'm constantly hungry, even though I've eaten.

My roommate says that girls have these sacs, like sponges where eggs are held and that on occasion they squeeze out blood or something, but I'm worried it might be appendicitis (I still have my appendix, naturally) or something serious.
    Go big or go home!

WH Super Moderator Array caterpillar79's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When did this symptom surface? How long is the duration? How is the intensity of pain, 10 being the highest?

How is your urine color? Do you feel bloated at times?

Lie down flat on your back, and have your roommate gently press a hand on your right side and abruptly take it off...if while pressed, the pain is deep down in THAT section where your appendix is, go to the ER if the pain is unbearable, or if you have to wait longer for a doctor's appointment.

Understand that if it is appendicitis, your appendix might rupture anytime. So, please take note of all your symptoms and don't delay from seeking medical help.
    What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

The clearest explanation for failure of any marriage is that two people are incompatible; that is, one is male and the other female. - Anna Quindlen

Register! | Rules/FAQ |Contact Mod| Contact Admin

Blog Entries

I just really noticed it today after dinner, around . It's just there, a constant gnaw, at maybe a 4 level of pain, just annoying really.

I don't feel bloated, and my urine's just your run of the mill yellow as far as I know. I've been passing gas a lot though, but most of the time I feel hungry. I won't be able to get my room mate to check for a while though; she's studying for an important final exam and can't really be bothered.

I don't know if it's just maybe a gas/hunger pain or what, which makes me nervous.
    Go big or go home!

Blog Entries

Well, it is not that painful in 4, rather annoying and enough to impede you from enjoying your time.

Watch your symptoms. It could only be some trapped gas. Did you have regular meals prior to this?
    What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

The clearest explanation for failure of any marriage is that two people are incompatible; that is, one is male and the other female. - Anna Quindlen

Blog Entries

No I did not, and sadly, I've been eating mostly junk for a while now because of school. Last night I had pizza, lima beans, and potato wedges.

Today I ate healthier: rice, salad, pickled veggies, and tofu dumplings. For dinner I only really ate Carrots peas and cucumbers. There is a midnight breakfast at my U tonight, so I will probably have some sort of egg mcmuffin-esque thing, crepes, juice, and the like.
    Go big or go home!

Blog Entries

Must be a stomach bug? Drinking enough water? Anything - matters of the heart/financial/school that bother you?

Keep it slow tonight. Eat mindfully and as I said, watch your symptoms.

I had numerous misdiagnoses when I had such pain. Until it boiled down to appendicitis. Not to scare you, just informing you.

Be watchful, and take care. Do you have allergies with meds? There is an over the counter medicine for general pain: acetamenophen; for tummy issues such as yours: peptobismol. You are the only one who know yourself better. Self-diagnosis nor self-medication is not advised.

Blog Entries

I'm not taking any medications, and I don't like taking pain meds for anything unless the pain is mega-unbearable. I don't have any stomach pain other than feeling hungry and the pain by my hip bone.

As for water, I haven't been drinking much water at all, and as for stress: I have three finals, one tomorrow, one Wednesday, and one on Thursday.

I think it might be trapped gas or something....I've been passing a lot in the past 30 minutes. o.o
    Go big or go home!

Blog Entries

Home remedy: get a bottle and fill it with warm water (just enough for you to handle - not to get burned).

Put a thin cloth on your achy side and then put the warm bottle till you want it to.

The above is dry heat.

This one is wet heat: boil water, soak a hand towel, wring it and then apply on your achy region. Do this until relieved. (I prefer this one)

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alrighty, so you do not have appendicitis. Believe me. That is one of the most painful experiences a person can ever endure.

My roommate says that girls have these sacs, like sponges where eggs are held and that on occasion they squeeze out blood or something
    Those "sacs" are called ovaries...hehe. They can rupture, as well as cysts on them but that pain would not be annoying...it would be excruciating. That is not what you are experiencing.

As for the hip, a gnawing grinding annoying pain is the joint itself (if you say that it is only in the bone). I get it in my right hip a lot as well, all of my doctors have no idea why it happens. I just end up kicking my leg in certain ways to see if I can pop it back into place lol. It happens most when I bend in a funny way, like squatting to pick something up. The pain itself could be from inflammation, if the pain is too much take an aspirin.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Blog Entries

ItsASecret, I read from another thread by her that she is slightly overweight - is this right, Chrystal? (I don't mean to offend you)

Do you think it's that you are putting more weight on that side of your body? I don't know.

Secret has a point, too...

You can meditate to ease your pain as well, since you are not into taking meds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast