Forum:

Thread: my stomach moved?!?!

Junior Member Array

Default my stomach moved?!?!

I feel like such an idiot but I just have to ask this.

People who are pregnant say they can see gas like move on their stomach. They can also see babies kick and move.

Can someone who is not pregnant see their stomach move, much like a baby kicking, but it be something similar to gas.

Also, how far along would you need to be to see a baby kick or move.

Most things I find on the internet involve feeling it but not exactly seeing it.

I'm way late on my period but I've taken several tests. Today I saw my stomach move and it wasn't just like, it maaybe moved. It MOVED. It moved like I was looking at it and a chill went down my spine it looked so freaky. I don't want to turn into one of those people who doesn't know they are pregnant and then suddenly is at work and goes into labor thinking they are sick and about to die. So someone please ease my mind and tell me that gas bubbles or something can be clearly seen/visible to the eye moving in your stomach.

Needless to say I've been without my period long enough to warrant a doctors visit. I just have so much going on in life that I, as well as others, have convinced myself it was just stress stopping my periods. It would shock us all if I were.

I've never had children, I'm in 24.... I really doubt I'm pregnant. I just have to ask. Something in my head is saying I will feel better if I got an answer between now and any appointment I make.

Thanks.

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

Take a home pregnancy test before you go to your appointment! Like... today! Just to ease your mind. They're cheap and easy to use.

Exactly how late are you, and did you use protection when you had sex?

If my memory serves me correctly, you have to be QUITE far along to actually have a baby kick inside. By that point you'd have a whole ton of other symptoms going on.

If I saw my stomach "move," I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion that I was pregnant, and I wonder why you did? Have you been thinking about pregnancy a lot lately?

Junior Member Array

I am 3-4 months late I think, and my last actual period was only one day long. I got really scared for a while. I had a lot going on and one day I realized it had been over a month since my last period. From that point on it was counting down additional days. But I would think you would have to be showing decently to have the baby move. I'm not like, fat but I'm not skinny. I've gained some weight but I don't look pregnant.

It was just really surreal looking is all. Which I mean, gas moving like that would be equally surreal I guess, it would have freaked me out no matter what.

It is possible I could be pregnant as I was very careful once off the pill to be as protected as could be, then was not so careful, and have since stopped having sex. I'm in a long term relationship. He is cool with it. It was just, it is stupid to risk. If you don't want kids don't have sex, especially unprotected. And seeing as it wasn't working out quite right, I just put a stop to it. He never finished, but I'm not ignorant enough to think not finishing is a form of birth control.

I guess I'm more freaked out at the sight than thinking I am pregnant. I wouldn't assume the two were related. I think it is just one of those dumb things. Like I want to know your stomach can move like that for another reason to feel 100% sure I'm fine. I'm not so much worried I'm pregnant as I just want to know that is normal.?.

Junior Member Array

To clarify because my brain isn't functioning. I don't want to make the appointment just because I am worried about being pregnant. I'm just worried as to why I have not had a period in so long.

That accompanied by the movement doesn't just have me worried about pregnancy as that doesn't seem logical to me. I would have to be REALLY pregnant. It just has me kind of worried for whatever reason. I've never seen or heard of peoples stomachs moving other than pregnancy.

So I want to know if it is possible for other things to make your stomach move like that.

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

Just did a quick google search, seems like in similar cases people are guessing it's either gas or muscle spasms.

Are you going to take a home pregnancy test? Missing your period for that long is the best reason to.

Junior Member Array

I have taken a couple. I suppose I can but I feel like I am wasting my money. I took two in May spaced a couple weeks apart and they were negative.

I just get worried and need to ask the weirdest stuff sometimes to feel better.

I googled it and found a bunch of stuff on feeling the stomach move but not seeing it move except for when people were pregnant so it got me all thinking about it again.

Thanks for looking also. Makes me feel a little better.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) FEBRUARY 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array stressed's Avatar

I used to be worried about seeing my stomach move to my heartbeat rate every once in a while, it made me wonder if I have a heart condition or something serious...

Until I noticed it happened to others and read that it's a common sign of indigestion.

What I mean is, it's very good of you to ask about anything. Even though a doctor is always the best solution, some times reading thoroughly about a subject (and not just on the internet) can ease your mind.