Forum:

Thread: What to do about smell!?

Junior Member Array

Unhappy What to do about smell!?

Hi everyone I'm new here... but I would really like some input on this situation. I FEEL like I smell 'down there'. I cleanse regularly, but whenever I get intimate with my boyfriend, I shy away. Hes never said that I taste or smell bad. Probably because I won't let him go down on me. =/ It is really frustrating. I wonder if there is anything I can change in my diet to make the scent less strong? Its not fishy... its just strong. I come from an Italian family, so my dad makes a lot of food with garlic, onions and things like that... could this cause a stronger smelling odor down there, and that can affect your 'taste'? I really need to know what can help me smell fresher, and be more confident when it comes to intimacy. Any vitamins? tips on cleansing? Foods to avoid and to eat more often? Thanks so much ladies =]

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Despite commercials telling us that vaginas should smell like lilies and fresh rain, they do not. We have lots of pH and chemicals and hormones going on down there, none of which makes us smell like petite flowers. I was ALWAYS worried about this, so i get where you're coming from. I actually asked my OBGYN, and she said women can range from smelling like nothing, to smelling like water, to smelling pretty musky, and it's just her natural smell. When you should worry is when your smell drastically changes, because that's never good. Your guy will like how you smell/taste because it's you. And, well, cuz it's a vajayjay!

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array Lakerat's Avatar

Well I am a guy ... women are all diffrent in smell and taste its....like diffrent flavored chiken,,JK
    you shouldnt worry its not a bad thing....I still remember the smell/taste of some women ...It brings back fond memories..when your with someone for a while their unique smell's(body,hair) ,tastes (skin, sweat,everything) can be very comforting for us...that and we like to please our woman....so enjoy it.
    If it wasn't for the bad times.... We wouldn't appreciate the good ones!

Junior Member Array

Default smell

Quote Originally Posted by anoni0991 View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new here... but I would really like some input on this situation. I FEEL like I smell 'down there'. I cleanse regularly, but whenever I get intimate with my boyfriend, I shy away. Hes never said that I taste or smell bad. Probably because I won't let him go down on me. =/ It is really frustrating. I wonder if there is anything I can change in my diet to make the scent less strong? Its not fishy... its just strong. I come from an Italian family, so my dad makes a lot of food with garlic, onions and things like that... could this cause a stronger smelling odor down there, and that can affect your 'taste'? I really need to know what can help me smell fresher, and be more confident when it comes to intimacy. Any vitamins? tips on cleansing? Foods to avoid and to eat more often? Thanks so much ladies =]
    whatever goes in must come out but Isuggest bathing with vinegar/bakingsoda in your water you will notice a differences

December 2008 "Poster of the Month" Array miffed23's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 9191 View Post
    I suggest bathing with vinegar/bakingsoda in your water you will notice a differences
    I dont. Please dont do this, as it will mess up your internal pH balance... this is only recommended if you having a highly acidic vagina (BV)... and if youre not experiencing a fishy odour then i doubt you do.

The previous posters gave good advice, every woman is different.. Lakerat showed how it makes us unique.

However, i realise that this is affecting your personal life. It is possible that you are 'over-cleansing'? The vagina is a seriously sensitive little environment (albeit a wonderful one) ...over-cleansing with soaps (acidic) can wash away the alkaline balance. Once a day is sufficient to keep you clean and fresh.

If your boyfriend hasnt noticed anything then i doubt you have anything to worry about..

Diet, yes, would cause certain 'stronger' smells than others. Try eating more fruit and vegetables, if you smoke or drink alcohol this will increase the intensity of the smell. Think 'good' foods!

Conclusion: if youre over-washing, cut down and see if this helps, also, i take Lactobacillus Acidophilus (90mg) daily, which just keeps pH levels at their optimum... its the only form of 'good bacteria' that can penetrate the intestinal wall to the vagina...and if in doubt, go to the Gyno and ask for a body MOT .

Good luck sweetie.
    “As you regonise that you already own the wholeness you seek, and no one outside you can give you more than you already are, dysfunctional situations will evaporate like bad dreams exposed to the morning sun.”

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Quote Originally Posted by anoni0991 View Post
    1) Don't wear tight-fitted clothing in that area the day you are going to be with him. (like tight hoses or control top type items)
    2) Douche with 1 teaspoon of vinegar to 8 ounces of warm water. (no more than once a week)
    3) Avoid fishy type smelling fish or strong odor food when you think you wil be with him.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Get thee to a health food store and get some cholorophyll. It comes either in capsules or as a liquid concentrate which you mix with water. I always get the World Organics, because I won't take any sort of concentrate that isn't organic. Chlorophyll acts as an internal deodorizer. In a week or so you should notice a difference in your personal odor. This is why fresh parsley is used as a garnish, eating it will eliminate onion or garlic odors. It also provides a very digestible form of iron and helps keep you regular!

Junior Member Array

I have been with a few women, and as mentioned before all women smell different. It could all be in your head.

I read somewhere pineapples do something but that could be one of those things people say. But hey pineapples are good anyway.

Junior Member Array

my girlfriend went from smelling very fishy at 5:00pm then by 2:00 am she was her normal self.She ate fish for lunch and I know it sounds strange but she didn't smell untill I finished inside her with unprotected sex.She only urinated twice to three times that day and drank very little water,is this even possible ?At 5:00 she had a bitter taste and no smell untill I finished,but by 2:00am it was like it had never happened(just her normal smell and after we finished there was still not even a hint of the fish.She does not duche or anything like thiat even all natural things and she said she didn't even take a shower or anything to get rid of it,only wipeing from going to the bathroom once or twice between 5:00and 2:00am.Seriously confused please help with this matter.

DP#33

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsSussie View Post
    I have been with a few women, and as mentioned before all women smell different. It could all be in your head.

I read somewhere pineapples do something but that could be one of those things people say. But hey pineapples are good anyway.
    I also heard about pineapples making you smell good down there.
    Wonder if its true?