Forum:

Thread: correcting vaginal ph balance

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array lafemelle's Avatar

Default correcting vaginal ph balance

So since nothing else seems to explain the problem I've been having for 19 months now, my doctor seems to think I simply have a vaginal ph imbalance. To correct this, she's prescribed boric acid suppositories for me and told me to insert 1 a week for 12 weeks.

I just used my 3rd one (so, on week 3 of treatment) and I still have the same symptoms--yellow discharge and occasional irritation. If I've had a ph imbalance for a year and a half, how long (using this treatment) should it take for my symptoms to start disappearing?

Also, last year I did a 14-day treatment of boric acid (1 a day for 2 weeks), and it didn't do anything. So will taking 1 a week for a longer period of time actually potentially even help if taking them for 2 weeks straight did nothing? I've told my doctor I've tried boric acid before, and she still seems to be convinced this treatment plan of hers will help...

I'm so discouraged. Ugh.

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

I've read that drinking a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, twice a day, restores the ph balance in your body. It's apparent that you body is out of whack, not just you vagina, otherwise the suppositories would work. It's worth a try. Get organic, unpasturized and mix it with a little bit of water.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Register! | Rules/FAQ | Contact Mod