Forum:

Thread: Gas/Air escaping vagina??

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array CrystalChord's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Gas/Air escaping vagina??

Twice in the past two weeks, I have felt like there was an uncontrolled "fart", but not from where it normally comes out. It came from my vagina. There's a little discomfort right under my stomach, like I have gas or cramps. I just got over my period last week, and I'm not sexually active with anyone but myself right now. I am 21 years old and in generally good physical condition.

Is it normal to have air escape from the vagina? I'm afraid of "air embolisms"...Is it possible to get one from trapped air or gas? Please help, I'm a little scared.
    Go big or go home!

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is not an air embolism, nor will it become be an air embolism. Naturally occurring gasses are everywhere in the body, sometimes they do get released sometimes not, it is not uncommon for it to happen. No need to worry.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Blog Entries

It'sASecret, you always seem to be around to help me out! Thank you so much.

So it's perfectly fine to feel sorta bloated and gassy at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsASecret View Post
    It is not an air embolism, nor will it become be an air embolism. Naturally occurring gasses are everywhere in the body, sometimes they do get released sometimes not, it is not uncommon for it to happen. No need to worry.
    Go big or go home!

Blog Entries

If it is isolated incidents then yes it is normal. Gas comes from your diet, high amounts of sugars and fiber will contribute to greater than normal levels of gas production. The microbes in your intestine are producing gas as they digest the food that you ingest. They are good bacteria by the way. If you have a continual buildup of gas, i.e from irregular bowel movements and no flatulence, then yes the pressure will get to a point of discomfort. If it gets to be to much try to purposely fart, totally being honest. It will get rid of the pressure. Or eat some foods that will induce the release of those gasses...like beans, lentils, broccoli, caulifower, and prunes.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Blog Entries

But how does air get in there anyway? I didn't know you could get GAS in there...

I didn't eat much yesterday (except for a large dinner after I posted), and I didn't eat much the day before but I had pizza for dinner. I was surprised that I felt so gassy and bloated and cramped up.

It's only happened twice in the past two weeks; on Saturday, and then before that on a Wednesday, I think. It still freaked me out because I've never had that happen to me before. I thought there was something horribly wrong with me!
    Go big or go home!

WH Super Moderator Array caterpillar79's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalChord View Post
    It'sASecret, you always seem to be around to help me out! Thank you so much.
    Obviously, she doesn't have a life! Lol... (just teasing It'sAsecret!) Like me, she's a WH addict!

Vaginal farts are normal. It happens, no need to be scared. Try to keep your legs closed most of the time. (just being silly)

Take care.
    What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility. - Leo Tolstoy

The clearest explanation for failure of any marriage is that two people are incompatible; that is, one is male and the other female. - Anna Quindlen

Register! | Rules/FAQ |Contact Mod| Contact Admin

Blog Entries

Obviously, she doesn't have a life! Lol... (just teasing It'sAsecret!) Like me, she's a WH addict!
    Clearly this is the case haha

I was surprised that I felt so gassy and bloated and cramped up.
    Anytime you eat food, no matter how healthy it is gas will still be produced. Some foods like the ones I mentioned earlier will result in a quicker gas production and can cause you to feel the stomach discomfort relatively quickly. When the gasses are building they are looking for a place to be, but since more and more space is being used up and more is being produced the pressure builds up leading to those ughy cramp-like feelings. Unless you release those gasses in a fart the build up can continue to a painful amount. Again, no need to worry about anything.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digestive gas forms in the intestines when food isn't eliminated or digested quickly enough and sometimes if you have a food sensitivity. This isn't connected to the vagina ladies.

If you are relaxed and your pc muscles allow your vagina to open a bit, you may get some air in there and what goes into your vagina eventually will make it's way out. That's all it is.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer