Forum:

Thread: lower abdominal pain during sex

Junior Member Array

Default lower abdominal pain during sex

hi i have a question. a couple months ago (maybe 4-5) one time when me and my fiance were having sex i guess he was too deep in me? but it felt like he hit something which hurt reallllly bad. and after that for another hour almost my lower abdomen hurt and i couldnt sit down or go pee barely. it happened a couple times afterward, but only hurt for a minute after he stopped. then one day it started to hurt when we werent even having sex, i was in the car driving. now i read other posts and they said it might be ovarian cysts, if i wanted to schedule an appt. with my doctor to see how would i explain it? could i just say ive been having pain in my right lower abdomen without going into detail about the sex? and also if they are ovarian cysts and its been a couple months and i havent done anything is that bad? im a little scared....

Junior Member Array

well if it worries you, the best thing that you could do is to go into the doctors and explain to them. You probabley do need to tell them about the sex part as well because sometimes it may help them to diagnose the problem. If it is cysts on the overies they will be able to tell through ultrasounds. but if thats not what it is they may need to do further tests. so good luck with it all. but i really do advise you to get it checked out. because the longer you leave it the more problems may arise

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array delta's Avatar

Yes, it could be your ovaries. I've been through that b4. Plz go to the doc and see. Take care!

Junior Member Array

Default Same problem, think I found an answer

Ok so I was having the same problem. I found this link

Stomach Pain- Belly Pain During Sex - Cosmopolitan.com

This is what the article says:
    Before ovulation, your ovaries may be slightly tender," she explains. "Having sex may jostle them, causing a sharp pain."

I am ovulating now, so I think that is why I was having my pain.

Hope this helped!
    Last edited by Fallen1; 07-11-2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Remove outbound link

Junior Member Array

I am having the same problem and I am about mid cycle. The pain isn't on any particular side but it's lower abdominal pain. I've had some stomache aching this week and then when I had sex it felt like when your period is close and things are sensitive. Almost like running into something inside though, and then last night it was horrible! It hurt even worse during sex, and then afterword I thought I would die! I was on the floor and it felt like I was having spasms inside around where my uterus is. When I stood it put pressure on the whole area and it was just awful. I'm so sore today and I'm wondering if you found out anything about it, my dr is out for two weeks! I have endometriosis but it has never felt like this. You are right though, it hurts so bad to go to the bathroom...it's so much pressure. I would love to know if you have found out anything that could help me too. Thanks

Junior Member Array

Default Pain..

I've been having sort of the similar pains. It doesn't hurt when I go to the bathroom, but it is enough to keep me awake for a few hours when I am trying to sleep. As embarrassing as it is to say this, I've only recently lost my virginity but now whenever I have sex, my lower abdomin hurts for like a week..
    It's been making me worried and of coarse my luck, my doctor is booked for the next 3 weeks :S

Junior Member Array

Default Low Stomach Pain

I was having sex last night and we had to stop because of the extreme pain in my lower stomach. He is about 9-10". So, we are assuming I am not used to the length. After stopping I was shaking and unable to move for a good 20 minutes.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten any answers from this. I see my doc in March.

Thanks

Junior Member Array

Default It could just be...

It could just be that you had to have a bowel movement.

I had the same thing about a year ago. All it was that I was a little constipated. I went to the doctor to find that out. lol But, going to the doctor will really make you feel better. And I would tell your doctor that you were having sex. You should always tell your gynecologist the truth...the whole truth. They really need to know to get a better picture of whats going on.

I don't know if it is because you had to have a bowel movement but, thats what was wrong with me. I just starting taking doculox and I felt better.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by concerned22 View Post
    hi i have a question. a couple months ago (maybe 4-5) one time when me and my fiance were having sex i guess he was too deep in me? but it felt like he hit something which hurt reallllly bad. and after that for another hour almost my lower abdomen hurt and i couldnt sit down or go pee barely. it happened a couple times afterward, but only hurt for a minute after he stopped. then one day it started to hurt when we werent even having sex, i was in the car driving. now i read other posts and they said it might be ovarian cysts, if i wanted to schedule an appt. with my doctor to see how would i explain it? could i just say ive been having pain in my right lower abdomen without going into detail about the sex? and also if they are ovarian cysts and its been a couple months and i havent done anything is that bad? im a little scared....
    I have the same problem, and if you havent yet already, go get an ultrasound. I have ovarian Cysts.. normaly ovarian cysts go away on there own, but a lot of times they don't if it dosnt feel to go away i suggest you go to the doctors because odds are your most likley going to have to get surgery...
    good luck.. p.s:P ii know this is an oldish post so i'm not sure what you've done

Junior Member Array

Every once and a while, while I am having sex depending on the position I get a little pain in my stomach but the other day I got the most severe pain ever and I had to stop it eventually went away within a few hours but I have never felt anything like it before...I have also had an abortion and i was 6 months pregnant could that be the reason for the pain some kind of scarring or is that no related