Forum:

Thread: Thinning of the uterus lining

Junior Member Array

Default Thinning of the uterus lining

Okay well here is goes, lol. A while back I was having issues with bleeding for a month at a time for my periods, well the doc gave me provera. Which worked wonderful and I stop bleeding. I had a few more regular periods and then it happened again. I called the doc and he called me in provera once again, and the bleeding never stopped. Well I finally got fed up with it and made me an appointment, which I went to today 2-11-08. But last Thursday 2-7-08 was my last day of provera and the next day I just up and stopped bleeding which was wonderful.

Anyways when I went to the doctor today he said everything looked and felt fine but he wanted to do a complete pelvic ultrasound because the linning of my unterus may be to thin, which exsposes the blood vessels and allows for more bleeding than normal. Okay so question is: Has anyone ever had this or know anything about it? I have looked on the web and have not really found out to much. I am just kinda freaking out here, I have the ultrasound appointment for Tuesday 2-19-08. If ayone knows anything about this I would be so delighted if you could explain it to me.. Many Thanks

Tiffany (confused and thinning)

Junior Member Array

Unhappy I'm having somewhat of the same problem.

I've been on ortho tri-cyclen for almost 5 years now. I took the pill to regulate my menstrual cycle, and it has been fine until recently. This past April I had an irregular period. It occured at it's usual time, but the cycle lasted almost ten days. Now in June I'm having the same Issue. It's been 11 days. I just went to my gynecologist and he told me that since I have been on the pill for so long it has cause the lining in my uterus to thin. I was concerned about the affects of this in the long run, because I would like to have children someday but he said that I shouldn't be worried. Instead he prescribed me to take 3x the dosage of birth control pills for a week, and then the following week to just take two pills a day. After those two weeks I was supposed to go back to my usual one pill and my period should be fine. This just still worries me though, because I don't want to risk any long term damage, and is it even okay to be taking that strong of a dosage of estrogen? He told me that I would be nauseous for a while. I'm really lost here, so if anyone knows please help!

Junior Member Array

I had my lining of my uterus scrape , be cause of abnormal period. I was told that couldn't get pregnant again. Is this really true.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Iseulda's Avatar

No, vmcswain - I really don't think so. I think you have misunderstood what you have been told.

You say you had a 'scrape' because of an abnormal period - this suggests to me you had a D&C procedure (dilation and curettage) and that should not effect your fertility.

I think you need to go back to your doctor and ask them to explain everything to you again. If they start explaining and you don't understand, stop them and ask questions.
    Now let us sport us while we may; / And now, like am'rous birds of prey,
    Rather at once our time devour, / Than languish in his slow-chapp'd power.
    Let us roll all our strength, and all / Our sweetness, up into one ball;
    And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Thorough the iron gates of life.
    Thus, though we cannot make our sun / Stand still, yet we will make him run.

Junior Member Array

Unhappy ive got same problem too

mines a little different though...with me last yr i went to a free clinic and was told i had a non cancerous tumor, then when i was finally able to go to an actual doctor i was told i had PCOS and nothing was done about it, of course i didnt like doc anyways...but i asked my doc to send me to a new GYN and he agreed I had PCOS and offered to put the mirena in 1st and see if that works and would take about 3 months to thin out my lining of uterus....i was like ok...he said if that didnt work then we would talk about getting an oblasion done on me...See I had really heavy periods last yr to where i couldnt even stand up or it would go everywhere, and it only lasted a couple of months then it went to not having one for 3 months then had one then went 2 more months without one, then i started bleeding once and it didnt stop for 6 weeks then it stopped which is when my appt was and he put that in, then i got to go 2 weeks period free then i started bleeding i was like ok normal period, shoot its been 2 months and im still spotting and thngs..cant even have a normal love life...I am so tired of walking around in a pad....he said i havent stopped and keep spotting then not for a couple of hours cause its my lining thinning out for me....i cant wait till its done...i have 3 kids and have my tubes tied, so i'm not looking to have anymore kids anyways.....