Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big lump between vagina/urethra

Junior Member Array

Exclamation Big lump between vagina/urethra

Hi, this is awfully awkward, but yesterday, about four hours after I had sex, I took a very soapy bath, I afterwards I started feeling a little sore near my genitals. My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for about six months, and I have had no problems other than the rare UTI.

This morning, I took a mirror and saw one very bizarre lump between my vaginal opening and urethra. It's very sore, and slightly itchy. I would say it is a 3/4ths the size of a walnut. I have never really closely examined by my vagina, so I do not know if the white opague viscous fluid sort of surrounding the lump came from my vagina or this lump. Generally my lubricating fluids are more clear. I am 19 years old, sexually active, and the only medication I am on is jolessa (a contraceptive pill.)

If it doesn't clear up by Monday, March 3rd, I will call my gyno. Still, I would love to hear if other people had similar experiences, and what it ended up being, and if anyone had ideas of how to temporarily get rid of the soreness and itchiness. If someone needs a visual, I suppose I can draw a diagram in MS paint or photoshop.

Please help!
    -Daisy

Junior Member Array

EDIT: This morning the lump started leaking a green/yellow puss with some blood. I wish it wasn't Sunday!!! Anyone have ideas? Please?

Thank you,
    Daisy

VIP Member Array

I've never had anything like this happen before! There are several gels and creams (I prefer watery gels that let your skin breath more) that can help relieve itchiness and burning. But I don't know what you should or should not put on a spot such as that. I suggest no sex until its cleared up. What did the doctor say????

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array delta's Avatar

I'd def. go see the doctor w/ the strange color discharge. Good luck and take care.

Question In the same boat

hi, im 17 and i've never had sex. but about a month ago i also noticed a slight bump of sorts on my urethra opening. it has scared the out of me and i'm still not sure what it is. i also never took the time to look down there and find out what is really supposed to be there and whats not. so when i just one day was takin a shower and just noticed "hey there's something quite unright going on here"
    i waited a while to see if it would go down but it hasnt and i finally told my mom but she still hasnt set up an appointment w/ a gyno. At the most i've thrown some triadine in my bath water whenever i bathe. all that has done is stop the irritation and shrunk its size but only last week it got bigger again but then went down. i'm not sure whats going on.
    i know this post is coming after a REALLLYYY long time but since you've gone to the doctor can you tell me what the doctor said you had. it would be a GREAT help.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array delta's Avatar

azoog ~ If u have an inflamed urethra that could be a blader infection. The only way to get rid of that is to see a doc. You need a RX to get rid of it. If you have a wierd discharge like the other poster, that may be an std. In which case you'd still need to see the doc. It's best to get checked out so you know for sure.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Junior Member Array

hello daisy,

what did it end up to be?
    because im scared i have it aswell

x

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by controlled View Post
    hello daisy,

what did it end up to be?
    because im scared i have it aswell

x
    hey, i don't know if you have gotten in to see anybody or found any info on this but it (both you and Daisy) sounds like a benign cyst like a sebaceous cyst. They happen, and are usually not a big deal. I suggest talking to an OB just to be sure, I mean its your health, right? But here are a few things you can try that may help.
    When a cyst is inflamed and painful it often helps to put a warm compress on it or even take a nice hot bath a couple times a day. This helps lessen pain and swelling. I take REALLY hot baths, like as hot as is safe.
    Don't try to squeeze it or mess with it too much, if it does start to drain a warm wash cloth on the area will help it clear out.
    Another thing I found that helped when i had a small but painful cyst down there was a VERY small amount of pure tea tree oil after i took a bath (be careful cause it can sting a bit so just put some on your finger or a q-tip and touch the area lightly, then wash your hands). You can get tea tree oil at a whole foods store or a Co-Op it is also really great for pimples anywhere on the body!
    The main thing is to not freak out, take care of yourself, call your doctor or even Planned Parenthood and get seen just in case it is something worse. I know it sucks but don't be embarrassed to take care of your health, your vag cant talk so you gotta speak up!

Junior Member Array

Arrow This is what you need to do,

Well i am going throught this right now, go to a urologist not a OBGYN or anything else. It is a urethral cyst, well thats what is sounds like. The doctor told me that you should sock in a hot bath 2 times a day and it could pop on its own but if you don't then you will have to go to the doctor and they will just cut a little slit and you will be asleep fo about 10 minutes. It is a lot big then you think. It is from your uretha, we have these glands in them and one of them just gets claged and it forms into that. so it is inside and is coming out. Don't wait to long or it will exploded and that can turn cancerous. I am 15 and sexually active, magering in a Dr. Degree, yes I 15. Just go to the doctor and take baths.

Please help!
    -Daisy[/QUOTE]

Junior Member Array

Read what I wrote and it will help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast