Forum:

Thread: still bleeding after period

Junior Member Array

Unhappy still bleeding after period

Hello, I'm 29 yrs. old and the day after my period ends and I make love with my husband, I start to bleed again. There is no blood while we are engaged in fore-play but it starts right after I rest or when I wipe after urinating. The blood is light red but it's not heavy, clotting, or steady. It comes out of me slowly and lasts for 1-2 days.

Any One Has Answers Please Respond

Private.Flangeamin

Quote Originally Posted by green_melissa View Post
    Hello, I'm 29 yrs. old and the day after my period ends and I make love with my husband, I start to bleed again. There is no blood while we are engaged in fore-play but it starts right after I rest or when I wipe after urinating. The blood is light red but it's not heavy, clotting, or steady. It comes out of me slowly and lasts for 1-2 days.

Any One Has Answers Please Respond
    Hi if its just the day after your period, and you are able to time exactly when you finish because usually there is no set time to suddenly just stop...you are able to tell by your own vaginal fluids if there are any traces of blood it it . One day after you think you have finished ad thenmaking love its prob the action of intercourse its just sort of clearing the rest of that away ...it would naturally come down a number of hours later . I wouldnt worry about it .

One really important thing : Are your PAP tests up to date ?. Keep haviing regular checks, if your worried and your continuing to have bleeding after intercourse Not just the day after your period i would arrage for a gyne to look at this ...any unusual bleeding after sex (not day after period) should always be investigated . Hope the info helped a bit . Regards
    Catherine

Junior Member Array

It is great to finally find someone else that seems to have the same problem as me. The only difference is that I get what seems to be a full blown period not just spotting.

For the last year or so anytime I have sex after my period has stopped (no spotting) I start bleeding again and it is heavy like a regular period and continues for about 5 days. This began to be a constant until I refused to have sex until two days after stopping my period and I have not had any problems since. I don't know what causes it but I do know that I have to have a colposcopy done this Thursday due to an abnormal PAP showing: Epithelial cell abnormality. Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion, Mild dysplasia is present. CELLS SUSPICIOUS FOR A HIGH GRADE LESION ARE ALSO PRESENT.

I don't know if this problem has anything to do with the abnormal cells but I would definitely make sure your PAP is up-to-date.

Junior Member Array

The same thing happened to me. Last week my boyfriend and Ibhad sex. We did not do anything we usually wouldnt do. About half an hour after I went to the bathroom and noticed bright fresh blood running down my leg. I wiped it up with a tissue and went to tell my boyfriend. As I was telling his I felt more coming out and it was quite heavy. I just finished my period 1 day before. At the end of my period, the blood is always old and a dark brown colour but this was bright and fresh. The bleeding was coming from the top of the vagina. It was heavy for a few minutes and then settled. This has never happened to me before but I have a history of chronic right iliac fossa pain, right ovarian cystectomy and adhesions on my left ovary and bowel. A hysteroscopy was normal. Im on the pill to regulate my periods. Im 21. the pain i usually have was worst after this bleeding but not during.
    I would really appreciate any information