Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair all over my body, help?

Junior Member Array

Default Hair all over my body, help?

Hi,

Over the past few months I have started to grow hair EVERYWHERE! It is really getting me down it is the 1st thing I worry about when I wake up and the last thing I worry about before I go to sleep.

I have long (1 – 2 cm long) fine hairs on my bum, back, breasts, and darker hairs in between my breasts and all over my stomach. My stomach hairs are very long like pubic hair, and have what seems like lots of pubic hair around my anus! I also have very long 'peach fuzz' on my face a moustache and have noticed darker hairs starting to come out on the beard line and side burns. My arm hairs have also grown very long all the way up to my shoulders. I also have long hairs on my hands feet and toes.

I have looked and looked for products to permanently get rid of all this hair but have found nothing apart from laser which I just could never afford. I have a Fiancée who has never mentioned anything about probably because I keep my body covered and we have not made love for about 4 months! But he must notice the hair on my face. I keep asking him would he love me no matter what and he says he would.

Are there any other women out there with this problem of really long fine hairs all over the body? And will they just keep growing? Or will they eventually stop growing? I'm worried they are just going to keep growing and growing and im going to look like a man! I am already much hairier than my finance.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you been to the Dr to have your hormones checked? Sometimes excessive body hair growth for women is a hormonal imbalance or signs of PCOS. You should go in and see your Dr.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Junior Member Array

hi i had this problem surface 3 years ago. i had no help from doctors and as i felt i was slowly turning into a man i thought i would try and diagnose myself. 6 months later a scan revealed i had a benign hormone secreting tumor of the adrenal gland. it was then removed and the hair stopped getting worse but it has never returned to normal. it is like a layer of long peach fuzz absolutely all over me. insist on getting everything checked when hair suddenly starts for no reason,its never normal and like with me can destroy your self esteem and effect your life in every way.

Junior Member Array

The normal amount of body hair varies widely among women. Usually, a woman will only grow fine hair (peach fuzz) on her lips, chin, chest, abdomen, or back. When women grow coarse, dark hairs in these areas, the condition is called hirsutism. This pattern of hair growth is more typical of men.

All women normally produce low levels of male hormones (androgens). Unwanted hair growth (hirsutism) in women may occur when the body makes too much male hormone.

In most cases, the exact cause is never identified. It tends to run in families. In general, hirsutism is a harmless condition. But many women find it bothersome, or even embarrassing.

A common cause is polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Women with PCOS and other hormone conditions that cause unwanted hair growth may also have acne, problems with menstrual periods, trouble losing weight, a deeper voice similar to that of men, and diabetes. If these symptoms start suddenly, there may be a tumor that releases male hormones.

The following other causes of unwanted hair growth are rare:

Tumor or cancer of the adrenal gland
    Tumor or cancer of the ovary
    Cushing's syndrome
    Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
    Hyperthecosis (a condition in which the ovaries produce too much male hormones)
    Medications (testosterone, danazol, anabolic steroids, glucocorticoids, cyclosporine, minoxidil, phenytoin)

Rarely a woman with hirsutism will have normal levels of male hormones, and the specific cause of the unwanted hair growth cannot be identified.

Hirsutism is generally a long-term problem. There are a number of ways to remove or treat unwanted hair. Some treatment effects last longer than others.

Weight loss in overweight women can reduce hair growth. Bleaching or lightening hair may make it less noticeable.

Temporary hair removal options include:

Shaving does not cause more hair to grow, but the hair may look thicker.
    Plucking and waxing are fairly safe and are not expensive. However, they can be painful and there is a risk for scarring, swelling, and skin darkening.
    Chemicals may be used, but most have a bad odor.

Laser hair removal (electrolysis) uses electrical current to permanently damage individual hair follicles so they do not grow back. This method is expensive and multiple treatments are needed. Swelling, scarring, and redness of the skin may occur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

**Removed outbound link**
    Last edited by LanaBear; 09-10-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Junior Member Array

Hey my names Diana and wow I'm surprised that i've actually found someone out there that has the same problem as me. i could say i'm worse, i have body hair EVERYWHERE like its bad..I have so much facial hair on my cheeks, chin, sideburns, neck, i shave everyday like a dude with that Edge cream and my pro glider razor. DO NOT SHAVE, i didnt kno that before, i was always insecure when i was a teen and shaved and shaved and this ish bad. i'm a lesbian "butch" prefer stud but whatever, My hair is thin on my head, i cut it off, i now have short hair but its thinning more as the years go by. I shave everywhere, my arms, stomach, waist down forget it, poof hairy, i dont even bother sometimes, i get a lot of bumbs after shaving, my butt has a lot of hair, my legs i look like a man in winter cause idc, i just wear long pants. my breast have some long hairs. There's not a day i dont think about it,.. sheesh.. its me.. but i try.. if you cant beat em join em.. i looked up on facial shaving for men, how to do it right and stuff not to get razor bumbs or whatever.. geezus,.. its diff for me bc i'm not a girly girl like yourself.. i tried electrlysis once but i had to stop bc the ish is expensive but i'd like to go back to it one day. She sounded hopefull, telling me that she had a full beard (christ) when she was younger and how she had to shave 2-3 times a day, the ish sucks.. i hate it. Wish there were a cure.. i'm too hairy.. man.. some of these girls are bald, no body hair.. i get sad sometimes but hey,.. no ones perfect. well just saying, there are other girls that have this same issue.. hope you've found something that works for you. _dee

Junior Member Array

Default I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by dmruiz89 View Post
    Hey my names Diana and wow I'm surprised that i've actually found someone out there that has the same problem as me. i could say i'm worse, i have body hair EVERYWHERE like its bad..I have so much facial hair on my cheeks, chin, sideburns, neck, i shave everyday like a dude with that Edge cream and my pro glider razor. DO NOT SHAVE, i didnt kno that before, i was always insecure when i was a teen and shaved and shaved and this ish bad. i'm a lesbian "butch" prefer stud but whatever, My hair is thin on my head, i cut it off, i now have short hair but its thinning more as the years go by. I shave everywhere, my arms, stomach, waist down forget it, poof hairy, i dont even bother sometimes, i get a lot of bumbs after shaving, my butt has a lot of hair, my legs i look like a man in winter cause idc, i just wear long pants. my breast have some long hairs. There's not a day i dont think about it,.. sheesh.. its me.. but i try.. if you cant beat em join em.. i looked up on facial shaving for men, how to do it right and stuff not to get razor bumbs or whatever.. geezus,.. its diff for me bc i'm not a girly girl like yourself.. i tried electrlysis once but i had to stop bc the ish is expensive but i'd like to go back to it one day. She sounded hopefull, telling me that she had a full beard (christ) when she was younger and how she had to shave 2-3 times a day, the ish sucks.. i hate it. Wish there were a cure.. i'm too hairy.. man.. some of these girls are bald, no body hair.. i get sad sometimes but hey,.. no ones perfect. well just saying, there are other girls that have this same issue.. hope you've found something that works for you. _dee

I to am a lesbian and have hair all over my body. My Mom and aunts are the same way. I am 30 yrs old and been shaving since I was 10. My mom taught me how to shave. She has always shaved also. She does not have as much hair as I do. I have to shave every morning. The job I have, I cannot have hair where it can be seen by the public. So my legs and face everyday. My hair is thick and black and so is my body hair. I had lots of problems with it in my early years, but now I just shave it and go on about my business. At first it was very depressing to get up in the morning and look in the mirror because my face would have a dark shadow for my facial hair growing back in. I don't shave my stomach are the lower area because I am not in a relationship with anyone now. I am 38D and have black hair all over my breast and thicker around my nipples. I use to shave them all the time but that just made the hair grow quicker and longer. I have a long streak of black hair down the middle of my breast and when I have my bra on you can see hair around the cups and in my clevage.
    When I take my vacation every year, Istay home and go shave free for 2 weeks. By the middle of the second week I have a full beard and mustache. I try to avoid the mirror as much as possible. My mom and aunts and 2 girlfriends have been the only ones to see me this way. I am avery girly girl and this irritates me to no end.
    So hang in there You are not by yourself and if you need to talk message me are e-mail me.
    Kelly
    Last edited by Kellyt; 08-16-2012 at 04:57 AM.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Kel, seems you did not provide your email address ,thank you as we don't accept that here, never know who is posting.

Welcome to the Forum, as for PM's you have to post quite a few responses to our members to achieve access..

Nice to have you on-board.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

Default e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
    Hey Kel, seems you did not provide your email address ,thank you as we don't accept that here, never know who is posting.

Welcome to the Forum, as for PM's you have to post quite a few responses to our members to achieve access..

Nice to have you on-board.

CW
    I apologize for doing anything wrong,never meant to. My e-mail is in my profile. Pease let me know if there is a problem. Thank you very much for the Welcome and again I am sorry I did something wrong. Kelly

Junior Member Array

Default Hello Kellyt

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyt View Post
    I to am a lesbian and have hair all over my body. My Mom and aunts are the same way. I am 30 yrs old and been shaving since I was 10. My mom taught me how to shave. She has always shaved also. She does not have as much hair as I do. I have to shave every morning. The job I have, I cannot have hair where it can be seen by the public. So my legs and face everyday. My hair is thick and black and so is my body hair. I had lots of problems with it in my early years, but now I just shave it and go on about my business. At first it was very depressing to get up in the morning and look in the mirror because my face would have a dark shadow for my facial hair growing back in. I don't shave my stomach are the lower area because I am not in a relationship with anyone now. I am 38D and have black hair all over my breast and thicker around my nipples. I use to shave them all the time but that just made the hair grow quicker and longer. I have a long streak of black hair down the middle of my breast and when I have my bra on you can see hair around the cups and in my clevage.
    When I take my vacation every year, Istay home and go shave free for 2 weeks. By the middle of the second week I have a full beard and mustache. I try to avoid the mirror as much as possible. My mom and aunts and 2 girlfriends have been the only ones to see me this way. I am avery girly girl and this irritates me to no end.
    So hang in there You are not by yourself and if you need to talk message me are e-mail me.
    Kelly

Hello,

I was looking online to see if I can find any information on what is wrong with me and I feel I can relate to you the most. I'm not a lesbian but I am only 23 years old. I've been suffering with excessive hair on my body since I was about 20, maybe a little before that but not as harsh as it is now.

My period stopped around 15 or 16 years old. When I told my mother, I was told that it wasn't a big deal and that all girls wish they could be like me (like, by not having a period.) Might sound weird but I pray for my period sometimes, because I figured it links with my hair growth.

I truly feel like a disgusting human being. I too shave my face as if I were a man. Sometimes, if I know I am not going out, I let it grow so I can pluck it completely.. because I do really hate the shadow that it makes on my chin when it is growing back. When I pluck, I estimate about 30-40 hairs on both sides on my chin. They grow thick and black. My "mustache" is fine but dark and it does not help that I am very fair skinned. My cheeks have dark fine hair as well, but recently it suddenly started to grow some long dark thick hairs. I think this year, my neck has been full of hairs as well, I can pluck about 20-30 hairs on my neck alone. My legs are beyond hairy if I let it grow out, hairier than a man, thick and dark too. My belly is completely full of hair, all dark and thick. My arms look like I'm wolverine, and kind of extends to the top of my hands. My toes are hairy as well. I recently also started growing 1 or 2 dark thick hairs on my shoulders.
    ;-;

I feel like a freak and probably is one. I compare myself to plenty of girls and women but I honestly can't help it. I wanna be like them.

I got married (although separated) when I was 19 and my ex-husband used to say the same thing when I asked him if he will love me no matter what. And he also did not have sex with me much at all during our 2 year marriage. I think the men just lie but in reality, they feel very unattractive to it and well, I guess I can't blame them though personally I would never stop loving someone over that. ._. Men can be slobs and will always find a woman to truly love them, but unfortunately for women, I can't say the same.

I wish I could eliminate my problems. I tried waxing but it is way too painful for my liking.. I do not want to cry every few weeks just to be beautiful. Though, I do cry a lot in general because of how I look. Shaving in the shower is such a hassle because it takes at least 2-3 razors to cover my whole body full of thick coarse hair. I cannot afford laser either. I suppose I just need to deal with it and hopefully, I will be loved for who I am no matter what.

Writing all of this made me feel better and I do feel just a tiny bit better knowing that I'm not the only one with these types of problems. I wish you the best and also the best for everyone on this forum. <3

Junior Member Array

Sometimes excessive body hair growth for women is a hormonal imbalance or signs of PCOS. You should go in and see your Dr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast