Forum:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My husband is cruel

Junior Member Array

Default My husband is cruel

Hi Ladies,

Need advise and supportive friends. My husband is just plain mean to me, not physically but verbally and emotionally. We have not touched each other in over a year. He takes motorcycle trips without me. We never go anywhere together except to buy groceries. He is not the affectionate type at all. I had surgery on my ankle and he would not go with me. He told me it was my daughters place to go with me. That he could not take off work but then about 2 weeks later he took a week off for a motorcycle trip with the guys. He is sharp spoken to me and quick tempered. Everything that goes wrong is my fault. I can't even cook to suite him. I just feel lost, I stay in the bedroom when he is home as much as possible. Talk to me, I really need you now.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honey - no one deserves to be treated like that. Can I ask a question? What has made you stick around if you are so miserable?
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array Ahryin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mustang Sally,

phew...where do I begin! Look within yourself! You aren't happy! You dont' feel loved! You are not being appreciated, he isn't listening to your pleas for assistance....what do you want us to say that you don't already know. If you have tried everything and he is not responding there are reasons why....sometimes its just cheaper to keep her, if you divorce him or him you he has to pay alimony (in most cases) do you work? How do you feel about your self and your self worth?
    Before I go any further this is what I need to know
    Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am

Junior Member Array

I sometimes think that I am over reacting, I am 56 and my health issues are the main reason that I stay. I worked for one company for 18 years but I left the job for health reasons. He agreed to that but now he is complaining wanting me to go back to work. It is hard to find a job at my age and with my health issues. I filed an application for disability but have not received a response yet. I keep thinking that would help if I start getting a check. Thank you for responding, I feel that it is not just me anymore.

Junior Member Array

I'm terribly sorry you are going through this. Try and call disability and see if there is a reason you haven't heard anything back. Will that be enough to support yourself and the medical situations? I feel that people who treat others so badly must have more emotional issues than anyone can imagine. I hope that this works out for you, and I hope you find some peace.

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

Has he always been inconsiderate or is this a new behavior? Does he have any redeeming qualities at all? Does he ever make you feel loved/appreciated?

What are the things about him that you love? Is that list as long as the thing about him that hurt you?
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Joy
    Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array Joy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope you get your disability. Then you will feel some independance. He is just being mean and selfish. There are internet jobs you can get if you are unable to leave home to work.

Was he or is he an alcoholic.... why is he playing the blame game?

Welcome Committee Club Array dr.mansview's Avatar

if u can afford to now or soon then just leave..was does he need you for? what do u need him for?..sounds like it's time to make yourself happy..your 56 so you've prolly been maried for a few years but it seems the love has gone..when u can financially afford it, leave..it's not just your imagination..i think everyone here can see the problem
    a smart man learns from his mistakes..a wise man learns from the mistakes of others..

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Need advise and supportive friends. My husband is just plain mean to me, not physically but verbally and emotionally. We have not touched each other in over a year. He takes motorcycle trips without me. We never go anywhere together except to buy groceries. He is not the affectionate type at all. I had surgery on my ankle and he would not go with me. He told me it was my daughters place to go with me. That he could not take off work but then about 2 weeks later he took a week off for a motorcycle trip with the guys. He is sharp spoken to me and quick tempered. Everything that goes wrong is my fault. I can't even cook to suite him. I just feel lost, I stay in the bedroom when he is home as much as possible. Talk to me, I really need you now.

Gawd take me back to my marriage will you...

You say he said " your daughter"... that suggests that you two haven't been together for umpteen years..

Midlife crisis? Or, selfishness - batchelor.

Or both.

He doesn't like the fact that he has to support .. and.. he has mates that ride motorbikes, he probably goes every weekend for a ride and leaves you at home, not taking time to do anything with you...He hits the road.

They have trips that they all go on as a team, and so he will continue doing this.

He, won't kiss you because, your just the woman at the home... there is nothing there for him, he wants his bike and his life and doesn't want to be a married man, full stop...

I walked on eggshells... When is he going to emotionally be abusive and blow up over something stupid...

I also spent every weekend on my own whilst he went on his motorbike, in fact he stated at the end, "you better get used to it, I intend to do this for the rest of my life", to that I went pfttt and left.

Don't let him get you to a stage where you forget who you are and your importance and allow this emotional abuse to take you down so far that you hide in your bedroom. I did that too... me and my dogs, for 12 months and kicked him to the lounge... yet listened to him stomping around the house cursing.

DoNOT let him forget who you are and your worth.

He either needs to share part of his life with you, talk to you about anything that is bugging him, quit being an immature male, or get on his bike..

Start working out hobbies you like and start visiting your friends and get out of that house.

You need to start to remind yourself who you were before you met him, to get the strength your going to need to stand on your own to feet and say get lost if you have to or get it right and get him back on track.

CW
    Do we not realise that in order to find a soul
    It doesn't happen over night
    if truth were to be told.

Like everything in life that's hard to achieve
    you must believe!

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array Ahryin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok first of you obviously must not be hurting for money if he can take week long trips with the bike buddies! Its cost a lot to maintain a bike...secondly put yourself in his shoes..would you be treating him this way if he had health issues? No...no you wouldn't, you would do what ever you needed to do to maintain a happy healthy and safe home!

You are already stressed enough! I think any way you look at it he is wrong...also who doesn't have sex for a year in a marriage? Who does that? Seriously?! If I was married my husband would be crying date rape! Do you watch family guy? there is a skit where Lois gets into self defense class and one night she takes "advantage" of Peter ....Peter is distraught and in the kitchen saying "last night Lois was the man" lol that would be me! He would wake up tied to something because lil men have a mind of their own with some good attention
    Have a heart to heart with him, if that doesn't work...look for a work at home job if possible they have customer service positions you can do from home ....stack your money find a good weight program...get your hair done really spoil yourself and concentrate on you. Let him know you are independent...then file !!!!!
    Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast