Forum:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry vagina --- Painful sex

Junior Member Array

Thumbs down Dry vagina --- Painful sex

I have been menopausal for about 2 years now and in the last few months sex has been very painful. My husband and I use a lubricant, but it doesn't seem to help much. Any one have any suggestions as to what would help to ease the pain????

C
    Member Array

Have your OB-GYN give you a prescription for Estring...This is a circular disc that is inserted high in the vagina...It contains Estroil which is the hormone Estrogen...It is inserted every three months and will daily give out a little of this wonderful drug...You can insert this yourself...Three years ago I got real sore from too much sex and the doctor prescribed this...It is awesome and not only feeds your inner vagina but your G-spot as well...It gives you new life....

It is unfortunate that so many Internal Medicine and GP doctors do not know about this little miracle.....I think you will enjoy...Take care, Caroline

Junior Member Array

Thanks for your input, Caroline! I will ask my doctor about that. The only concern I have about using estrogen (after menopause) is that I've read that it increases the risk of cancer. Has anyone else been concerned about that or had any experience with the use of estrogen?

C
    Member Array

I had a full Hysterectomy at 47....Was put on Premarin immediately...That became my lifeline to sexuality through all the years I took it...Three years ago they took me off of this...This is because the Pharmacist told me it did me no good with the Estring...This was the correct diagnosis...Doctor was wrong in keeping me on after he put me on Estring...I am way, way past menopause..Actually that happened at 47. If I was to worry about cancer or anything else in the air I would be paranoid and sit in a corner and hide...With this messed up world really who cares.....But this is me...I am gonna be me....

I guess for me I would rather have a great sex life and get it on with my husband than worry about a future that is sometimes a joke...Please believe me that I am not trying to be critical of you but of this messed up world in general...

I doubt there is any cancer scare with this insertion...I write a site...At least 25 of the women that write me are now on it because of one of my blogs....I can tell you without reservation that they now smile a whole lot.....TC, C

Junior Member Array

Caroline, do you know if all of the other women you mentioned that started using Estring have had hysterectomies like you? I still have my uterus...so I am concerned about uterine cancer.....I'll do some research on Estring and see what I come up with. Any other information from you would be appreciated too. Thanks

C
    Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Caroline, do you know if all of the other women you mentioned that started using Estring have had hysterectomies like you? I still have my uterus...so I am concerned about uterine cancer.....I'll do some research on Estring and see what I come up with. Any other information from you would be appreciated too. Thanks
    I know that one had a Hysterectomy and I think the others just plain went through Menopause and were pretty much dry and not juicy anymore..In reading about it years ago, I believe the only concern was breast cancer...But to tell you the truth I am here to enjoy life and not worry....This little circular God send feeds me inside and now, per the Gyn, my vagina is as rosy and red as a young woman....It is, I know this...I am more sexually alive than I have ever been...But then this is me...

The sad part of this is that so many Internal Medicine doctors do not know about it...I had my annual physical a few months ago and I was aghast when I asked him for the refill for this and he did not really know much about it...He is a prominent doctor in our parts and still did not have the sexual knowledge that he should have about this little miracle for a woman to feel sexual and be ready...I was emptied of everything at 47 and told to punt....I had to find myself and keep a hot marriage going and I did....Too many women use Menopause as a vehicle in going sexless after a certain age....This is not you but far too many....Once they cross that barrier of not needing it anymore they forget what that wonderful yesterday was and the insertion of man into them....Sad but true...Much luck to you....C

Junior Member Array

Could you let me know what your blog address is? Thanks...

C
    Member Array

Could you let me know what your blog address is? Thanks...
    Hi Carol: It is under my contacts in my profile but hard to find....Here it is:

http://carolinesplaceonline.com/

I still have not finished editing my blog from last night but will do that later so it is a little raw...Will have it done by tonight...TC, C

Forgot to put down that the one on Estring is under Topics: Women's Sexual Things.....I have a lot of readers....I write for the older women as that is how I started it...Two years ago and truly have the time of my life...Especially being hidden behind a computer.... Sometimes I don't know it is me writing this....but it is.....Take care, Caroline

Oh, and everything you read is true....
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 08-27-2008 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Merge posts

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Phoebee's Avatar

DH and I (Well mostly him) have been reading a lot about female HRT. This is what we came up with. The study showing danger to women who take HRT was flawed.

The only HRT they used were with Synthetic hormones. Bio Identical or Human Identical Hormones might not be better but? We think they can't be worse and probably are better.
    The study gave a lot of women strong doses of hormones who had been in Menopause for 10 or more years. DH likens this to pouring dragster fuel into a engine that has been rusting for 10 years and being surprised it blew up. The type of replacement was ALL Estrodiol none used the weaker form of Estrogen. In fact in the US the company that makes the Synthetic hormones is asking the Food and Drug agency to stop anyone from using the weaker form of estrogen. Even tho its the same hormone in the female body. So....

If your going to go on HRT do so early. At least don't wait 10+ years!

If you go on HRT see about using non synthetic hormones. And replace only those you lack and do ALL of them. Including Progesterone and female levels of Testosterone. It does wonders for you sex drive!

Good luck!

Unhappy Painful sex 2

I have been menopausal for about 2 years now and in the last few months sex has been very painful. My husband and I use a lubricant, but it doesn't seem to help much. Any one have any suggestions as to what would help to ease the pain????
    It is interesting that I came upon your note. I just visited my doctor last Thursday for my annual and for the same reason as yours. I am 46 and stopped menstruating at the age of 30 and had refused to take any hormonal pills. Sex has become unbearable as well. My gyn doctor said there is atrophy in the vagina because it is not lubricated so he prescribed Vagifem (estradiol vaginal tablets) you insert a pill before bedtime. I have to visit him in 2 weeks to see how things are going and to decide on a 3 month maintenance. I also have not had a hysterectomy and am concerned about cancer. Nowadays everything causes cancer - but I can't let this problem interrupt my sexual life with my husband.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast