Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short light period, and spotting

Junior Member Array

Question Short light period, and spotting

Hey my name is Crystal and I am 23, my periods usually last 3-5 days and are usually heavy. Well my period came on time but was very light and only last about a day and a half, then the next 3 days I had very light pink spotting on and off. Is this normal? Could it be a sign of pregnancy?

Senior Member Array

Yes, it is normal. There will be times in your life when your cycles change. It could be a long term change or it could just be something short lived that was brought on by stress or common illness. It is most likely that you have either been stressed about something or you have just had a natural hormone fluctuation. Give it some time and see how the next few months go.

It is not usually a sign of pregnancy. There are some women out there who will continue to have their period like normal even while pregnant, but on average... most women stop their period completely.

If you are worried about being pregnant, it never hurts to take a preg test.

Junior Member Array

The same thing just happened to me and I am a little worried because my mom recently passed away from cervical cancer. She was the first person in our family to have something like that but I am worried that I might have the same thing. I don't know if I should be worried or not and I am a little scared to go see the doctor now!

This is the first time something like this happened to me and I actually did a pregnancy test that came out negative. I am just wondering what could have caused this. My period was only 1,5 days and it was pretty light. I usually have heavy periods lasting 5+ days, especially the first 3 days. This time I just had a little bleeding and now I've noticed I've been spotting for the past 3 days. Can someone tell me why is this happening and tell me if I should be really concerned that this might be something serious?

Junior Member Array

Unhappy

my name is lauren and i'm 19. and maybe i'm jumping the gun on thinking this but im only on my second day of my period. but it hasn't been very heavy. today was supposed to have been my real heavy day. but it wasn't. and when i went to change my tampon a little while ago it was dark brown and not very much was on it.
    i don't know if this is because i have been working a lot. my job isn't that strerssful, but the past 3 weeks i have working almost 3xs as much as i have been used to working. so could this be from stress, is this an early sign that i'm pergnant, or am i just freaking myself out.
    if someone could help me out that would be great. cause i really am freaking myself out right now

Junior Member Array

Im 18, and im freaking myself out over this too. I'm on day three, and my period has been much lighter than normal. I've had some stress come up with applying to college and every day things, but nothing overly critical. I don't really eat healthy and my schedule is crazy, but i've lived like this since i was 16, and this is the first time such a light period has occured. Im definately freaked out, and plan on taking a preg. test, but im terribified to get the results.

Junior Member Array

I too am having this problem.....I'm usually regular with the heaviness and the timing, but this month my period is very light. I've been having a lot of emotional stresses going on for the past month, but nothing in the last few days. Could stress still be responsible? I'm sexually active but we are very careful, and I don't have any other symptoms that might point towards pregnancy except being tired, but I am also still getting over having mono. Am I just being too worried over nothing? Any help is appreciated!

Junior Member Array

I had sex (with a condom) about 2 weeks ago. I was expecting my period this week and when it started about 3 days ago it was very very light and dark brown. I have been incredibly nervous that this is a sign of pregnancy, but I had protected sex, so I am almost confident that I'm not...and it sounds like these lighter and shorter periods are common?

Junior Member Array

Default Second Occurance

I am 19 years old and have been on Ortho TriCyclin Lo since I was 15. Untill the past year I have never experienced any abnormalities reguarding my cycle. Generally periods last for 5 days, heaviness is average throughout the week, the last days being a bit worse than the first few.
    The first time I had an abnormality, my period was shorted by about 2 days and just seamed to be light. Had a negative preg. test and was told that sometimes it just happens.
    Normally yesterday or today would have been the last of this months period. Instead it ended the day after it started. It was very light to begin with. During this time I did not experience any cramping, this I thought to be abnormal since the first and second days are usually the worst when it comes to cramps. Spotting lasted for two more days. Throughout the week I have been experiencing cramps that are not quite like period cramps. Also, these cramps become pains shooting up the left side of my body to my chest.
    I have read that such spotting can be a sign of pregnancy, but I have yet to find anything about it happening at the time your period is supposed to be.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    -L. Salo

Junior Member Array

Implantation Bleeding:
    Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping.

Explanations Besides Pregnancy: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.

Delay/Difference in Menstruation:
    A delayed or missed menstruation is the most common pregnancy symptom leading a woman to test for pregnancy. When you become pregnant, your next period should be missed. Many women can bleed while they are pregnant, but typically the bleeding will be shorter or lighter than a normal period.

Explanations Besides Pregnancy: Excessive weight gain/loss, fatigue, hormonal problems, tension, stress, ceasing to take the birth control pill, or breast-feeding.

(Information found at: americanpregnancy*****)
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 02-23-2009 at 02:41 AM. Reason: 2008- outbound likes not allowed

Junior Member Array

Question Brown Spotting

fishy660: "I had sex (with a condom) about 2 weeks ago. I was expecting my period this week and when it started about 3 days ago it was very very light and dark brown. I have been incredibly nervous that this is a sign of pregnancy, but I had protected sex, so I am almost confident that I'm not...and it sounds like these lighter and shorter periods are common?"

The exact same thing has happened to me (except my period was last week). I was hoping someone could give me some advise on what to do?

To Fishy660: If you could tell me what happened after your occurence, that might help me out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast