Forum:

Thread: Why am I still on my period after 2 weeks?

Junior Member Array

Default Why am I still on my period after 2 weeks?

I started my period 12 days ago, and everything was normal for the first 5 days, then it slowed down like it was stopping, but it still hasn't stopped yet. It's not a heavy flow at all, it's almost like I'm spotting. It is also a brownish red color, but when me and my boyfriend had sex about 5 days ago, the condom was blood red. I took a pregnancy test a few days before I started my period because I had (a lot of) unprotected sex and my period was a little late, but the test was negative.

I have always had slightly irregular periods, 30-35 days (I think that's irregular?), and I haven't been on the BC pill for about 4 or 5 years. My period has never lasted more than 4 or 5 days though.

What could be the cause of this, and what should I do? I don't really want to go to the doctor but if I have to I obviously will. I've read a million different explanations from it being just stress, to miscarriages, to tumors. Any help?

Also, I am 23 years old.

Junior Member Array

Its probably best to go to a doctor, it could be nothing, or it could be something to worry about. Either way, its better to have peace of mind.
    I hate pads and tampons… I’m a proud Menstrual Cup user!

Junior Member Array

Well I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning and now it is positive.. so that means I most likely miscarried, right? Or could I still possibly be pregnant? I didn't think you could get your period if you're pregnant.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just because you had your period, doesn't mean you miscarried. You can have your period while being pregnant. It's not completely common, but it does happen.

I would get into your Dr for an exam and a blood test.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.