Forum:

Thread: Having a Menstrual Cycle 2-3 times a month

Junior Member Array

Default Having a Menstrual Cycle 2-3 times a month

Can someone help me I am having a Period 2-3 times a month,and have been on about 10-12 different birth control pills, and have been to 8 different doctors, and know one can seem to find my problem. Oh and by the way I have been having this problem for 5years now.

VIP Member Array

Exclamation

Girl,

You need to see a Gynecologist. I dont know if you have already, but they should be able to point you in the right direction. You have been to eight doctors, and nothing???? Something is not right!!! The next time that you go to the doctor, demand that they tell you something!!!! You can do that because it is their job. Make them do their job! If they run tests, as far as ultrasound, pap smear, blood work, he/she needs to do something.

VIP Member Array

First off I just want to say i am sorry! I have had the same problem in the past. I know how frustrating it is to think that your off your period and then all of a sudden it comes back!! Its got to be the birth control. When you take hormones(birth control) it screws up your body. Making it think that its time for your period again. What I did was get off of birth control all together for a while. Let your body adjust back to normal. If its not possible to stop right now, talk to your doctor about getting on a low dose birth control. They have less hormones and may make your body stop freaking out. But i don't know for sure. Everyone is different. The best way to get it right is to stop taking it all together, at least for a while. And definatley talk to your doctor.

Junior Member Array

Question

Hi,

Since the title says pretty much what I'm seeking I'm bumping this up in hopes of some help too.

I like in New England USA "NH" and we had an ice storm two years ago.. I came down with pneumonia during that time and was put on a high dose of medication antibiotics for several months in hopes to get it all under control. After I got better which lasted a total of four months on 700mg of antibio's plus two other kinds of pills I started not to have my period anymore within the second month of taking the pills. After I was better and off the meds I was having my period twice a month. One week I would spot for about three days and my normal cycle which is by the 7th of every month was it's normal 6-7days. My OBGYN checked me all out with paps and tests and said I appeared to be healthy and it was just the heavy meds and I should be fine with a couple of cycles. She was right. Everything seamed to go back to normal including my regular monthly date and flow.

Now for the past three or so months I have been getting my period 2-3 times a month. It's not a spotting but heavy like always the first few days and then slowing down till the end which has been lasting 5-6days. I am worried and again my OBGYN says my body and tests are coming back normal. No shadows or anything showing of concern. Should I go for another opinion?

I have been stressed alot these past months as my relationship of 17yrs is really on the rocks and it looks like it might end. I've also lost a lot of weight during this time as well.

I never cramped either till after my second child but that was eight years ago and my OBGYN has never been alarmed by it.
    I just can't take all the stress from the relationship plus all the stress of bleeding and cramping ROFL!

I'm also 34 and have not had any babies since my last one. Is there such a thing as early menopause? Could all this menstrual stuff going on plus the added relationship stress make me hormonally unbalanced even more?

Thank you for your time and your responses are greatly appreciated
    Christine