Forum:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: brown discharge before period

cds
    Junior Member Array

Default brown discharge before period

I was just wondering if anyone else gets a brown discharge about one week before your period starts. Before I was on birth control, this happened, when I was on b/c it didn't happen, and now that I'm off again (trying to conceive), it has started back up. It is enough discharge that I have to wear a pantyliner. Now that I'm TTC, I don't know if I should count this day as the first day of my period or when I actually start bleeding. I also have at least one or two days when I'm on my period that it is very heavy, blood clots and all. I can fill up a tampon on those days in 30 to 45 minutes. Again, this stopped when I was on b/c, as my period was very light. Does anyone know what's going on or which day I should consider my first day of period?

Junior Member Array

Default please help

Hi, I yesterday and today i have found brown discharge. I am due on in about a week, but im not to sure whether its because of that or i mite be pregnant or something! please help asap

Junior Member Array

Thats normal. Its just normal blood that doesn't have certain cells in it or something- I read somewhere that its a warning your period will start soon.

Junior Member Array

I am experience another different problem with brown discharge. It has prolonged for a month after my period and really makes me worry over it. I am wondering if anything could went wrong? please advice?

Junior Member Array

Default similar situation for me

Hi,

I'm in a very similar situation. Since I started menstruating, the heaviest day of my period was always the first and I never noticed any brown discharge. Last December, my period came late (maybe a week or so), and it started with a brown discharge for a couple of days, then very heavy bleeding for a day, then moderate to very light bleeding for 3 days or so. It's been that way every since...and I'm not pregnant. At my last GYN visit, I asked if it was normal for my period to change. My doctor quickly answered "yes", but never asked for any details, so it wasn't much of an answer. However, from what I've seen on the net, I think it's normal (even though I find it gross that blood is hanging around in my uterus for a month). I should also note that my nipples also changed at that time. The aereolas got larger and my nipples perkier. I guess my hormones changed somehow. We've also recently started ttc and I also wonder what the true start of my period is. I've been doing some searching on the net today and found little truly relevent info, but from what I've found, I think that the first day of the period is the day that you're bleeding. I'll be more pushy with my questions at my next GYN visit. I'm curious whether you've found out anything yourself since you last posted. Best of luck!

Junior Member Array

Heya

Am really concerned about this brown discharge too!. Recently i went for 4 whole months without having a period! then last month i finally had one YAY! . I am due for my period again and its only a matter of days, i have noticed for the last two days i have been having the brown discharge and its really worrying me as i think there may be something wrong with me!. Is it really normal, have you guys asked the doc's if this is normal?. Think am gunna book my self in to see the doc's as its scaring me!, my fear is not being able to have children! i would be devastated if i couldn't! I am 23 years old and am worrying alot! please help!
    Last edited by IckleTiger; 09-16-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Miss spelling

Junior Member Array

Hey..
    am in the same situation..went to the doctor today cause this has been going on for about a year now..every since i went off the pill... he just gave me some antibiotics.. and put me on the pill again hope the antibiotics works... not sure if i want to go on the pill again..
    if anyone has found a solution pls do let me know! thanksss heapsss...

Junior Member Array

Default brown discharge

HI Everyone,

I just wanted to see if anybody could help with this issue. I was on birth control for about 3 years. I have been off of the birth control now for about 8 months now. We are trying to conceive right now but my period has been very irregular. I have had this brown discharge for about a week now and really no blood. I took a pregnancy test today but it came back negative. Does anybody know what might be going on with my body?

Junior Member Array

Red face Confused!~Reddish Brown Discharge

I was suppose to start my period on the 23rd (mind you it is now the 29th) and i've been having reddish brown discharge with some slight cramps; and now it has kind of turned into a little bit of blood. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby..so i'm not sure if this is a sign of pregnancy or just an abnormal period. I took a test on the 26th and it came out negative. I'm so confused..Please Help!

Junior Member Array

Default Confused & Scared - Brown discharge

Hello All,

I've had this brown discharge for about a week now and I'm scared because I've never had this before. I'm 24 and have 2 boys my last mentrual period was 3/12. I've never been on any birth control method.
    I started going to the gym and excercising about 2 weeks. I've been a smoker for about 5 years now. I'm just thowing stuff out there....is there anyone that can give me some idea about what this could be? I also heard it could mean implantation which means pregnancy?
    Please someone?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast