Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no period but not pregnant?

Junior Member Array

Exclamation no period but not pregnant?

hi,
    could any one offer advice, i`m 40 years old and its been 6 weeks since my last period. i thought i was pregnant but after doing a test it was negative.
    i`ve had no symptoms hot flushes ect.... so i dont think its the pre menopause, do period just stop if it is this? my periods are usually regular and this is a first. any help would be appreciated.
    karen x

Junior Member Array

Default in the same situation

i am in a similar situation. i am young, deffinately not pregnant and late.....very late. i have not had a proper period since a fortnight before christmas. i had a breif period in march but it only lasted half a day and there was hardly anything. i am very worried. any one got any advice or diagnosis of what it may be ?

Post 2 month intervals

I am 29 years old and have always had an irregular period. My husband and I wanted to start to try to have children so I kept a log of my cycles. I had the following cycle.

August 31-September 3
    October 6-October 9
    November 30 - December 4
    Thought I was prego, but not
    March 30-April 4
    June 11 -

I have gone to have a trans vaginal ultrasound before my last period to find out that the lining of my uterous is thicker than normal. Normally it is between 8 and 12 millileters and mine was 15 millileters. I am going to have another ultrasound next week to see how thick it is after this cycle.

as a nurse I would say call the doc it seems like you may need a pill to make you have regular periods. we go through a follicular and luetheal phase as women and you'e skipping a phase which causes you to start your menses

Junior Member Array

Exclamation 5 wks late, no period and negative tests!

I am 26 and just recently went off the pill after being on it for the last 8 years... prior to being on the pill I had completley irregular periods, I am talking maybe 2-3 times a year and VERY long and heavy, being one of the main reasons I went on the pill... Recently my fiance' and I have been talking of starting a family so I went off the pill in April, after having regular cycles while on... I have been taking hpt almost every week and every time it is negative! I don't know if I am pregnant and am now feeling guilty if I am because I have continued to drink and smoke... I am thinking that possibly my body is going back to my "normal" cycle like it was prior to the pill.. I have an appointment w/ the doctor on the 18th but am stressing out! Any advice PLEASE!!

Junior Member Array MissConfused's Avatar

I'm a young and me and my boyfriend have been having sex for over 2 months now. No it's not an everyday thing, but we do it quite frequently. I have missed a months period and I am now 2weeks and 5 days late. I just took a pregnancy test about 3 days ago to find that it came out Negative. I'm quite concerned that I am still pregnany even though the test said I wasn't. Right now the symptoms I am experience are:
    **Tender & Swollen Breasts
    **A white discharge that has a funny smell
    **Back pains and period like cramping only on the right side.
    **Increase of urination
    **Morning sickness
    I know these are the following symptoms of pregnancy, but I'm going crazy, along with my boyfriend, not knowing if we are having a baby or not! I have always had an irregular period, but on top of my worrying about possible being pregnant and not knowing. Someone please help, I'm about the most confused person in the world right now! Me and my boyfriend really need some advice we wanna know if we are going to be proud parents so we can start preparing now!!!

Thanks =)

holly, sometimes it takes longer to conceive after stopping the pill. Wait a few more cycles to give your body time to ovulate regularly , this way you'll know when to have sex. Medically we say 2 weeks before your period or two weeks after but you only have a few days to do it so have lots and lots of sex for those few days,you will know because you will lots of discharge and your body temp will be higher than normal. This is our body's way of sayin lets get busy

miss confused, I would say visit the doctor to have your blood horomone level checked because I have reason to believe you are pregnant. It shows better in blood than in urine and some women have came to my office and been 6 months pregnant without knowing because they still had a period so the only for sure way is to see the doc!!!!!

Default LAST PERiOD MARCH 9Th..

i WENT TO THE CLiNiC.. THEY HAD ME TAkE A URiNE TEST.. CAME OUT NEGATiVE.. BUMMER YEAH. ANYWHO iM STiLL WAiTiNG TO START MY PERiOD THiS COMiNG MONTh.. iM TOO AFRAiD TO TAkE A BLOOD TEST.. PEOPLE HAVE NOTiCED iM GAiNiNG WEiGHT i HAVE WiLD MOODSWiNGS i SLEEP MORE THEN BEFORE.. TENDER/SORE BREASTS AND PAiN iN MY LOWER BACk ALONG WiTH FEELiNG CRAMPS LikE iF iM GOiNG TO START MY PERiOD..YET NO BLOOD SHOWiNG.. i GET HUNGRY LATE NiGHTS.. BUT i DONT HAVE MORNiNG SiCkNESS OR ANYTHiNG.. i FEEL LikE MY GUTS ARE BEiNG MOVED AND i FEEL AS iF i HAVE GAS BUBBLES iN MY STOMACH .. WHAT COULD BE WRONG WiTH ME?!? i DONT THiNk i CAN BE PREGNANT BUT iS THERE A CHANCE i MiGHT BE?!? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Junior Member Array

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iLOVEcrayons View Post
    ii HAVE WiLD MOODSWiNGS i SLEEP MORE THEN BEFORE.. AND PAiN iN MY LOWER BACk ALONG WiTH FEELiNG CRAMPS LikE iF iM GOiNG TO START MY PERiOD..YET NO BLOOD SHOWiNG.. i GET HUNGRY LATE NiGHTS.. BUT i DONT HAVE MORNiNG SiCkNESS OR ANYTHiNG.. i FEEL LikE MY GUTS ARE BEiNG MOVED AND i FEEL AS iF i HAVE GAS BUBBLES iN MY STOMACH .. WHAT COULD BE WRONG WiTH ME?!? i DONT THiNk i CAN BE PREGNANT BUT iS THERE A CHANCE i MiGHT BE?!? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

ME 2 !!! i'm 24 days late, my last period was may 6 and i got those....and neg test results O_o though i havent been to the doc yet, mostly coz i'm real paraniod so i figure i'm probably talking myself into being like this lol knowing me at least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast