Forum:

Thread: My period is 19 days late with negative pregnancy test results.

Junior Member Array

Default My period is 19 days late with negative pregnancy test results.

What do you think? My period is 19 days late with negative test results?
    My period has been extremely normal for the past 2 years. Now it is 19 days late and I don't know why.

I ovulated on July 9 and then started a workout routine almost a week after ovulation occurred (july 14). The routine I started is 30 minutes every other day, at curves. I'm not exactly inactive and the work out is not hard for me at all. I have not lost any weight so far.

My period should have come on July 23 and it hasn't shown up yet. I took a pregnancy test on August 6 (when my period was 2 weeks late) and it came out negative. I haven't tested since then. I am having a few symptoms but I don't know if they are pregnancy symptoms or something else, but here they are.

1. Tender nipples: I usually get sore nipples right before AF comes, but these have lasted almost a week and that's a lot longer than they last when I'm anticipating AF.

2. Frequent urination: I'm using the bathroom about twice an hour.

3. Heartburn: I can't get rid of it. It's not uncommon for me to have it, but never this bad and this frequent.

4. Tired all the time: I cannot keep my eyes open. I haven't changed my sleeping habits at all. But then again it could be my mattress maybe..

5. Severe 'hot flashes': that sounds funny, but I don't know how else to describe them. I'll be find and then all of a sudden I feel overheated. I am only 20 years old so I know for sure it's not early menopuase. I don't know if this is a pregnancy sign or not but it is unusual for me.

I haven't had any cravings or actual throwing up. But, I do start to feel sick more often.

My husband is convinced that I am pregnant but my tests keep coming back negative and I don't want to call the doctor for a blood test (I pass out at the sight of needles). I know I need to make an appointment but I wanted some other opions for you wonderful women first. Thank you in advance!

by the way I know it's not stress. I don't have anything to stress about and didn't realize my period was late until it had been gone for 5 days. Plus, I just got back from a mini vacation and havn't thought about it for the last week.

Sorry this question is so long but I don't know what to think. Thanks you girls are awesome.

Junior Member Array

It doesn't sound like you are. When I did this they checked for fibroids and cysts, and peri menopause and found nothing. Birth Control could help regulate you again. I don't take them anymore but my period came about 25 days late.

Junior Member Array

Red face

Hi I am in the same situation that you are in. My period was due on the 29th of july, i have not seen it. I have done home tests and they are telling me that i am not pregnant. I just feel that I am some how though, please let me know how you get on

Junior Member Array

Smile Same position

I am in the postion as you. I have not had my cycle for about two weeks and I am not pregnant. Do you think it is possible that my cycle changed from regular to irregular? I was on the pill for 2 and a half years after I had my son. I have never had any problems like I do now. This is the second time that I have my period so late. I had to take provera in order for me to start. I am afraid the same situation is going to repeat itself. What should I do?

Junior Member Array

Default hmmmm...

there is a possibility that you are pregnant. I was pregnant end of last year(delivered in dec.) and I had most of the symptoms you explained. taking a pregnancy test only two weeks after your last period may not be enought time. it is a good idea to take another one soon.

Junior Member Array

im currently also late my last period was 4th october 09 we have been trying for a baby, i have done 2 home pregnancy tests n there negative!!! but i have sore boobs tierdess frequent head aches, frequent toilet visits my doctor wants me to do a urine test n send it to the hosp but surely all they will do is the same as a home test.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey nickiejp, this thread was started in 2008 and no replies since, perhaps start your own thread, or look for one more current, "on the left hand side" of the posters thread".

To answer your question though? It should be a blood test and no some home pregancy tests don't work, whereas, blood or urine will.. Ask for a blood and urine test to be sure.

Thread closed.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!