Forum:

Thread: swollen hands and feet

Junior Member Array

Unhappy swollen hands and feet

Does anyone know of a good way to reduce swelling in your hands an feet ? I thinking it is water retention but can not seem to find any answers on line. I did read that cranberry juice can help but so far after drinking plenty of it for a week , I am really not seeing any change. The swelling is in my hands and feet, I have been tested for arthritius and I am going for a nerve test on Tuesday. So far the Dr seems to think I have carpel tunnel in both hands but what does that have to do with my feet ?
    I am miserable..

Banned from WH Array

My hands usually well when I walk too long on a very hot day, but not often. My feet are constantly swollen and I take diuretics for them. If you're not into taking meds make sure that you keep your feet above your heart (lie in bed) a lot. And when you are sleeping keep your feet on the bed because sometimes while we sleep they slip off the bed and dangle which is not good. Cranberry and pomegranate are good, too, but make sure it's pure juice and not concentrate. -nod nod-

About your hands...I don't know what to say... I don't have that problem much.

Junior Member Array

drink water... l mean heaps... aaalllllllllllllll day

Junior Member Array

Red face Swollen Hands & Feet

I have the same problems with the swollen hands and feet. I feel it might be a circulatory problem due possibly for me from weight gain. I have been tested for arthritis and carpal tunnel and they came up negative. I also had a condition called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome where your main nerve and artory become pinched from movement, scar tissue, etc. This can also cause these symptoms and many more. There is an easy test to decide if there should be further testing done for this. Have your doctor take your blood pressure in the normal position, then have it done again with your arm over your head. If your pressure drops considerably you may have this condition. It can be helped by physical therapy or massage sometimes, but I had to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dianems View Post
    Does anyone know of a good way to reduce swelling in your hands an feet ? I thinking it is water retention but can not seem to find any answers on line. I did read that cranberry juice can help but so far after drinking plenty of it for a week , I am really not seeing any change. The swelling is in my hands and feet, I have been tested for arthritius and I am going for a nerve test on Tuesday. So far the Dr seems to think I have carpel tunnel in both hands but what does that have to do with my feet ?
    I am miserable..

Also if you cut back on the amount of sodium that you are eating it will help with the fluid retention, if your getting to much soduim in your diet it can cause your hands and feet to swell
    ~The obstacle is the path~ Zen proverb

Junior Member Array

Post Same problem - SWOLLEN HANDS AND FEET

Quote Originally Posted by dianems View Post
    I am miserable..
    I have been experiencing very swollen hands and feet. I wanted to give you and idea of my general health to help you with your diagnosis. I am only 38, and very thin (5'8", 125 lbs), I don't have a job that requires me to sit for long periods of time, I drink tons of water, do not have arthritis or diabetes and am not pregnant, and have a low sodium diet. I don't know what to do!!! It is the worst in the AM. So far all I have been doing is soaking my hands and feet in very cold water. I am starting to worry and think I have some obscure disorder or may ger blood clots!

GOOD LUCK!!