Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seven UTIs in one year.

Junior Member Array

Default Seven UTIs in one year.

Hi, i'm sixteen years old, and i have sex with my boyfriend. we are deeply in love and it's not superficial. if you really care, we do have plans for the future and we do expect to spend the rest of our lives together. this thread is not to create controversy over my age and the morals of me having sex and my relationship with my boyfriend, so if you have issues now, please stop reading. i need help.

it all started this february, before my boyfriend and i have been having sex. then in april we started. i got a uti after a couple times, and a few more times, and a few more. i had three this summer. we thought perhaps it was the fact that we weren't using a condom. i'm on birth control (tricyclen lo that i obtained through planned parenthood), and we started using condoms too. that seemed to work until today. yesterday, we made love again using the planned parenthood condoms i had. he didn't cum in me, but later on he did start eating me out so i think maybe it was his saliva?
    so today, i had to go to the bathroom much earlier than usual. and my suspicion was right, i have a UTI, again.

I don't know what to do. I really don't. I've been treated four out of the seven times: i've managed to flush it out of my system twice, and i'm trying again right now. I'm afraif to tell my mother about it because she has her (correct) suspicions so every time i come to her, she looks at me weird and seems hesitant. But i don't know if it's really that, considering i got a UTI before we even started having sex, and i know of some girls who get UTIs regularly, and some of them either are virgins or lost their virginity long after they started getting UTIs.

I need your help. I can provide all the information you need if you have more questions. Do you think it's perhaps something wrong, with me?

Please help me

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

UTIs really suck! Sorry to hear you've had so many. I think it's important to see a doctor because you don't want all these infections to start to affect you other places, like maybe your kidneys. Plus, a doctor could help you figure out why you're getting them. You can get them from dehydration, douching, tight clothes, and sex. I make sure that when we have sex or he's touching me we use lube. I've found that really helps in preventing the infections. I doubt anything is seriously wrong with you, but something to figure out with a doctor. Good luck and I do hope all works our for you and in your relationship with you boyfriend.

WH MODERATOR Array Beautiful Disaster's Avatar

Some women's bodys are prone to UTI's. Mine is. I apparently have a very short urethra which makes me more prone to get UTI's. Most of them are caused by bacteria (usually ecoli) traveling through the urethra into the bladder. Things to do to help avoid UTI's:
    wipe back to front, make sure when you urinate you fully empty your bladder, urinate after sex to help flush out any bacteria that may have been brought in through intercourse, keep some sort of wet wipe in your bathroom to make sure you are getting yourself clean after bathroom trips (especially number 2's! ), and increase your vitamin C intake as it increases the acidity in your urine therefore makes it harder for bacteria to grow.

Also, as everyone says, cranberry is a preventative. You can buy AZO cranberry tablets at Walmart that are pretty inexpensive. Take one every day.

When you have reoccuring UTI's, it is VERY important you see a doctor each and every time. Sometimes what you think may be a reoccuring one, is actually one that you never got rid of to start with. The last thing you want is for it to get into your kidneys and cause you major difficulties.

The urgency and frequency you feel to urinate is caused by spasms in the bladder which are most often caused by bladder infections. Your doctor can not only prescribe you antibiotic, but also another pill that helps with bladder spasms (but will turn your pee redish orange so don't be alarmed!).

Basically, you need to see a doctor....once you do that and get yourself better, then start doing all the preventative measures I mention above. Also, I commend you for getting yourself on the pill. I don't know your relationship with your mom, but moms can be very helpful when it comes to girl stuff.

I now go to the doctor instantly when I feel that odd feeling when I urinate, because I know it's the onset of a UTI. They can do a culture to see specifically what type of bacterial growth you have and if it is the same every time.

My suggestion, talk to your mom and go see a doctor.

Default clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
    Things to do to help avoid UTI's:
    wipe back to front...
    perhaps you meant front to back? thats what i have always heard.
    Last edited by alterview; 11-13-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: missed an a

WH MODERATOR Array Beautiful Disaster's Avatar

Oops you're totally right, I said that wrong. DO NOT wipe from back to front...... = recipe for disaster. HAHA!!!! FRONT TO BACK ONLY!!!!!! Thanks for catching my boo boo!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array danceintx's Avatar

I doubt this has to do with sex. I have a problem with UTI's because as I have learned (thanks to my amazing midwife) I have a problem with constipation. Constipation will cause UTI's as bacteria will hold up and gather in this area. There are many things that will cause UTI's, I have never heard of sex being one.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Quote Originally Posted by danceintx View Post
    I doubt this has to do with sex. I have a problem with UTI's because as I have learned (thanks to my amazing midwife) I have a problem with constipation. Constipation will cause UTI's as bacteria will hold up and gather in this area. There are many things that will cause UTI's, I have never heard of sex being one.
    Sex can be one. Anything that might cause bacteria to get in that area can cause one. But, I would see a doctor. Good luck!

Junior Member Array

Hey hun alot of girls get uti's its very common and even more girls get them from having sex! Alot of doctors will give you an antibiotic to take after sex so this will prevent them from coming back i hope this helps! and don't worry i don't think there's anything wrong with you i know uti's are a pain ive had them for over a year and they do make you worry thinking you have all sorts wrong with you ... you have nothing to worry about!
    Go to the doctors ask him if he can give you an antibiotic for after sex make sure u drink lots of water always wipe from front to back after you wee and this should help prevent them!

Hope u get beta soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

VIP Member Array

Darn right this has to do with sex!!! Several months ago I got a severe KIDNEY INFECTION from a sex-caused UTI. And the bacteria was ecoli!!! Do you know where ecoli resides? Yep, you betcha! (in your bottom!). The guy I was dating at the time poked me a bit by accident (I am not into anal sex) and then we had regular old vanilla sex. So, his penis touched my anus and drug the ecoli into my urethra. Up my urethra to my kidneys the bacteria went! How nice is that??? Thankfully, I did not also get a bacterial VI on top of the UTI! But I can tell you, I was severely toxic from head to toe . . . who knows how close to dying I actually was?

I had never had a UTI in my life before, my symptoms were not the classic ones (pretty much no symptoms; no pain during urination, but an occassional cold feeling in my abdomen), and the physicians assistant denied me antibiotics until the lab results came back!!! Mind you, the in-house urinalysis revealed that I had luekocytes (white blood cells = infection) in my urine, yet the PA elected to ignore and not treat my infection. WTF? Four days later, I was super sick: severe chills and violent shaking, head to toe pain, head ache, painful skin, muscles, and joints. At that point, I still had absolutely no clue what was wrong with me, except that I was pretty sick (thought perhaps the flu of some sort?). Called the PA, and she again denied me meds, saying she wanted to wait until the lab results came back.

Two more days of suffering later, I survived the night and drove myself to the ER. By that point all of my internal organs were sore all the way up under my ribcage. Blood tests and a CATscan later, my kidneys lit up like a Christmas tree! I was sick in bed for 5 days, but was finally able to get out of bed for a few hours at about the 3rd day.

Moral of story: this is serious business not to be messed with!!!! Get yourself to a proper doctor and get treated!!

Additionally, make **darn** sure that your boyfriend is not poking your anus and then penetrating you vaginally. Take it from me, even just a brush of the penis on the hiney can cause serious illness!!!

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array shweedart's Avatar

Woahh that sucks big time! I agree wih a previous comment, use lube!
    I rarely get UTI's but when I do it's hurrendous! Dark red bloody urine, 'scustin!
    Anyway, when you get them do you buy the medicine i.e. Sachets/liquid or do you see a doctor and get a course of antibiotics? The sachets never fully got rid of it for me, itd stop hurting for a while then in a day or so it'd be back with a vengeance so I got antibiotics from my doctor and they're great! Antibiotics alongside lots if cranberry juice and water is a god send!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast